.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12th, 2002, 11:21 PM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road
Default Demo Comments

I took the demo for a quick spin. Pretty cool. I did have some comments:

Inventory space is WAY too small. The fact that some items don't stack (health potions, food), and that each scroll takes up a slot. I ran out of slot after about 10 minutes of playing. Part of the fun of these types of games is collecting all those cool items. I found the lack of inventory space to be a real pain in the butt. Maybe if all items stacked this wouldn't be so bad.

I didn't play all that long but I didn't find anywhere to store extra items. I also didn't find anyplace to sell/buy items. Do these places exists? I couldn't figure out how to write the scrolls into my book.

Tiles look like the ones from the Angband games I play, hehe. Even that game had a house where you could store extra items.

All in all I like the demo. I feel something needs to be done with the lack of inventory space, and the stacking needs to be fixed. Maybe it's just me...

I'm wondering what the full game comes with that the demo didn't. Like how many modules are going to be included that type of thing.