.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd, 2004, 03:57 PM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Christmas module (v 1.0 released)

Quote:
ace joh said:
I found two terrain errors so far (currently exploring the ice cave), one is in the ice lake, where you can move through one of the forest images. Looking at the terrain file, it seems to be those 'possible chest location' terrains?
Also was a bit surprised you could shoot through forests, but I suppose that was intentional

Not intentional, but it is a nice feature . What setting controls whether you can fire shots through an object or not? (I won't change it but it's nice to know)

The 'possible chest locations' are a small trick to make sure chests are not always on the same location in a tile, there was indeed an error in the entries for the trees that could replace the chests in both the forest and icelake maps. thanks .

Quote:
ace joh said:
Another bug was in the ice cave, where one corner simply showed a massive rock cube instead. Don't know how to take a screenshot, unfortunately, can't show you.

I know which section of the icecave you mean, I already found it, and another simillar one.
Quote:
ace joh said:
About balance, well, I suppose characters with light spells have a slight advantage? My thief can't really use bows and other two handed weapons, unless there's another light source nearby.

Hmm that one might be harder to fix.. I do want to keep the module dark.. It seems to fit the story better. I'll put in one of those miner helmets, which have a light attached.. that should keep your hands free. (It will be a bit more costly than lanterns ofcourse)

Quote:
ace joh said:
That's all for now, I'll let you know if I find more.

Oh yeah, perhaps that message box you get when finding wurrick is a bit overkill, for that one sentence
Hmm . I remember typing down that text, and thinking to myself: ' I should write down something more significant and profound here at some later stage' Obviously that never happened .

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5