Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Overlords - Game Thread. (playing) - Page 10 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Overlords - Game Thread. *Accepting nation lists

I guess having accepted another new player to play as an overlord, it wouldn't really be fair to turn you away. It would have been nice had you joined while signups were officially going on, however. Well, this fills up the game, so I will still have to ask one of the normals to play as an overlord for "team" balance purposes.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 6th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Q: How do you get an overlord capital?
A: Why, you ally with another overlord, of course!

The overlord capitals are worth no more to us than any other capital, *and* we can't (realistically) win unless all the other overlords are dead! Furthermore, we're allowed to attack each-other at will.
Once the game is in motion, consider that Machaka is less of a late-game threat than all of the crazy astral nations (Ally with R'lyeh/Ashdod/Pythium/Marignon? Are you nuts?), so I am a natural choice for any such alliance. Please forward inquiries, proposals and offers of spiritual bondage and eternal servitude to the true God, Knife Bright Insight, He who vanquishes false idols. Note also, my brash arrogance and love of trash talk temper any possibility that I might be a long term threat.
All hail Knife Bright Insight!
I'd like to trade the other Overlords for some astral junk, esp. once I can make hammers.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old September 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
I guess having accepted another new player to play as an overlord, it wouldn't really be fair to turn you away. It would have been nice had you joined while signups were officially going on, however. Well, this fills up the game, so I will still have to ask one of the normals to play as an overlord for "team" balance purposes.
Ooh ooh, pick me!

Nah, I doubt I qualify. And I'd have to totally rethink the strategies I was considering...
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM

General

Yeah, it'll be either qm or namad. Not that I don't have a certain amount of faith in you, you did well in noobs. But for this game I would prefer someone with slightly more experience. Perhaps in the next game, if people don't hate this one Although maybe someone else should host it, since I have been so wishy-washy.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:27 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Coobe (in spite of low post count) is also fairly experienced.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:45 AM

Sergeant

coobe is on a distinguished road

experienced, but no high skill im the laziest dom3 player there is when it comes down to late game
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Laziest in late game? Bah, I'm competing in that series too.

Yet Another Tidbit: Gate Stone does no good to immobile pretenders. Gah, one more bad idea down the drain.
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM

General

QM is an overlord. He will be playing as T'ien Ch'i. Everyone who has already submitted a list to me, if t'ien ch'i was one of your picks you may wish to revise your list.

Everyone else, I will be PMing you shortly.

Also, QM is set on releasing the next version of CBM before this game starts. So hold off on creating pretenders. I also have it on the highest authority that gorgons will be taking a hit in the new version of CBM, so if you are pan, you will want to take this into account.

Last edited by rdonj; September 8th, 2009 at 03:18 PM..
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM

General

Okay, everyone who has not sent me a ranked nation list has now either received a pm from me or an email. The sooner you get your lsits in, the sooner the game can start. Unless QM takes even longer than expected to get the next cbm out .
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:59 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post

Also, QM is set on releasing the next version of CBM before this game starts. So hold off on creating pretenders. I also have it on the highest authority that gorgons will be taking a hit in the new version of CBM, so if you are pan, you will want to take this into account.
Ahh, the poor Gorgon, already nerfed almost to oblivion. So sad to see it nerfed again. Still, doesn't matter to me in this game.

I also take some of the blame for this, since I continued to make CBM 1.5 Gorgon pretenders that were worth their salt.

I occasionally post something useful.