.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM

Private

Avarchillion is on a distinguished road
Default MA - The House of Malkav -The Malkavians

Now updated!

---------------------
Well, after playing Dominions 3 for a time, I turned, as most people do, to the great homemade Usermods. After a time of playing these mods, I found something missing. A good insane nation and a good Vampire nation. So, well, I combined them.
As a fan of the WhiteWolf Vamprie: Dark Ages and Vampire: The Masquerade Roleplaying Wolrds, I immediately thought of the insane Vampire Clan "The Malkavians".
So I checked some of my books for some background information on the Malkavians, created some 2D sprites (most modified out of others created used in other mods), learnt how to make a mod for Dominions 3 and well scripted it together.
I think it turned out rather well.

Here the "official" description:
"If you find yourself drowning in madness -- DIVE!
This is the House of Malkav, the broken Mirror, the shattered Dream. Surrender your sanity and bow to the voices from Faerieland."
"--Most Kindred cling to the familiar shores of sanity like drowning men. Though they know a constant, low-level madness from their slavery to the bloodlust, most Kindred usually resist it and fight off all other derangements. Some are eaten alive from within by the Beast; most grip their sanity with a miser's clutch.
But some Kindred plunge in where the strongest elders fear to go, giving full vent to their demon desires and mad caprices. Some do it by choice, but the rest do it because they are forced to. The curse of Malkav has stolen their choice in the matter, and they can either agree to dive into madness, or be dragged under the murky waters by the chains of insanity.--

The House of Malkav is a nation ruled by Vampires. Through the curse of Malkav, the Antediluvian who sired the first Malkavian, all Vampires who belong to the House of Malkav are insane. Their minds are shattered even though they have gained frightful power in madness.
"
"Race: Thralls, Familiars, Ghouls and low level Malkavians. Military: strong but expensive infantry + some cheap Thralls, powerful yet insane Vamipres, strong summoning abillities . Magic: strong, only astral, blood and death magic. Priests: Strong but insane. Play with high turmoil/luck scale and 'the Elder' or the 'ninja wannabe' as pretender god."

here a list of all the included units:

units:
2540 thrall
2541 familiarsword
2542 familiarcrossbow
2543 familiarlance
2544 ghoul guardian
2545 ghoulassassin
2546 fledgeling
2547 neonate
2548 wereform
2549 Tzimisce Broodmother
2550 tzimisce Vozhd
2551 Tzimisce Szlachta
2552 lupin
2553 Faeriesprite
2554 Zombu
2555 Wraith
2556 War Ghoul

commanders:
2580 crazed monster
2560 mad prophet
2561 mesmeric manipulator
2562 thefreak
2563 waking dreamer
2564 the awakened
2565 ravinglunatic
2566 ghoulsheriff
2567 Malkavian Elder
2568 big bad lupin
2569 big faerie

heroes:
2572 dionysian
2574 rasputin
2575 vasantasena
2576 crazy jane
2577 malk content

god:
2573 the elder
2582 the ninja wannabe

So far so good, I hope you like playing this mod as much as I do. Feel free to commend on my work, for I am still open to suggestions.

god bless,
avarchillion

PS: I, of course, used the #shatteredsoul tag to simulate insanity in my vampires.
PPS: I forgot to mention, that this mod is fully playable.
PPPS: Also important: I don't think this mod is compatible with other mods.
PPPPS: Please forgive me my, sometimes bad english. I am German and therefore prone to misspell or misuse grammar now and then.

UPDATE: I have updated my mod and put the new version (1.4 into this post. So please download the 1.4 version (it should be a lot more balanced).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Malkavian-Units.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	11605  
Attached Files
File Type: zip House of Malkav 1.4.zip (972.0 KB, 597 views)

Last edited by Avarchillion; January 9th, 2012 at 07:11 AM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Avarchillion For This Useful Post: