.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM

Corporal

daesthai is on a distinguished road
Default Where is my gold going?

Somewhere along the way, something is slowly sapping my gold and I don't know where its coming from.

For the Last several turns of my current game I've noticed a discrepency of roughly 6-10 gold each turn. Say I end a turn with 45 gold in the treasury. My income is 145 and my upkeep is 35. There is no unrest (only a few provinces to deal with at this point), and no natural or unnatural events have effected production.

I would expect that after upkeep, my net income would be 110, add that to the current treasury, I would think there would be 155 gold there. But there's only 146. (using made up numbers here, but it still portrays what's happening).

Aside from upkeep, unrest and random events, what else effects income in this way? Also, is the income displayed GROSS INCOME prior to any deductions for unrest, etc? or is it a NET figure?
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:16 PM

Corporal

Master Shake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where is my gold going?

I am pretty sure that the income displayed is gross, and is for the next turn, not the current one. So the thing to do would be to look at:

gross income - upkeep

and add that to your left over cash at the beginning of the turn. One thing that is unclear, is wheter you have to pay upkeep on units the turn your recruit them. In other words, you might miss out a few gold because the upkeep does not include new units you are recruiting.
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:34 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

i would suspect unrest.

you say that unrest is not a problem, but is this because you are patrolling? reduction in unrest due to patrolling occurs after reduction in income due to said unrest, so you might never see any but still be experiencing it's effects.
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM

Corporal

daesthai is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...can't be sure of the timing. I was using the nation report indicating that unrest was at 0. I'll watch closer next time. Thanks guys.
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Corporal

Gateway103 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this is a factor, but perhaps the temperature scales in some of your provinces fluctuated and caused some income loss. Temperature scales are known to fluctuate despite having high dominion, which is why picking Cold 3 for Jotun is a viable strategy despite their preference being Cold 2.

On the other hand, I have this suspicion that season affect income. I have not tested it per say, but I tend to notice higher income during spring/summer then I do in fall/winter time, same goes for supplies. In some way, it makes sense, but in another, it could simply be the effect of temperature scales.

Just a thought.

-Gateway103