.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 16th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Sergeant

SciencePro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 2 - Finished - Psycho/Pan wins!

Yes that is still fine by me. Congrats Psycho!

Good game everyone
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:25 AM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 2 - Finished - Psycho/Pan wins!

So, it's been a week, I took a rest off Dominions and I am probably going to start that AAR soon.

Val, I was preparing a trap for your heliophagus last turn. I was going to put all dryads into hiding and teleport djinn there scripted to cast gifts from heaven, which should kill heliophagus with a high degree of certainty on the first round. It's smart you didn't assassinate again. I was also going to cast Well of misery with all my death gems (132) and a D8 caster. How much did you put? My GoNB was cast with an N5 caster and 224 nature gems - everything I had, since my nature income was quite poor. GoH was cast with just base 50 gems and I am thrilled it stayed up the whole game. How much did you put into overcasting GoNB? If you're wondering, I had around 700 revelers scattered over your lands increasing unrest. I'd also like to know where you blood hunted in the end. I put much effort into trying to disable your blood hunting, but you always seemed to have enough blood slaves.

Re settings: I really liked the settings. Not having killer globals and the limited number of SCs made for a slower game, where armies played a much more important role than they usually do. I had some elemental royalty, some demon SCs and just two tartarians. Most of the problems were brought by the fact that CBM makes some spells too cheap - vampire lords, even without the summon allies command, are overpowered at 66 blood slaves. Banes are also too cheap at 4D. With the GoH up, banes essentially become bane lords with -1 att/def, for a third of the price. Even without GoH, they are too cheap compared with sleepers, for example, who aren't nearly as useful at 8N due to high encumbrance. The only complaint I have regarding nerfs that Momentum mod made is about tartarian summoning spells. The air cyclops is the best choice by far - a guaranteed teleporting SC, that can also do rain of stones. Why choose anyone else at all? The cost is too much to summon a commander that you hope may bring some diversity and there are better ways to get it. I don't know what should be done about it. Is it possible to make the spell to summon a random non-afflicted, non-insane commander tartarian?