Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Blood Red FIGHT ON!) - Page 2 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blood Red (recruiting)

I'd like to join with warhammer chaos from the 5 nations mod - thats not that unbalanced IMO
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

I'd like to join as an old mod nation I played before, Sanguinia by Zepath
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

I would like to suggest a no trading of gems, items, and slaves rule if people are amenable to it. Cuts down on the advantages of IRC people (I'm on IRC)
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Ossa: no, you don't want to play Chaos. It is too awful to actually play. Trust me.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:29 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossa View Post
I'd like to join with warhammer chaos from the 5 nations mod - thats not that unbalanced IMO
I really won't recommend it. The nation is a bit off a mess at the moment and needs quite a lot of work. We had a lot of Drama in "Sign of the Hammer" because of it.

Also, Baalz, I hope that you have someone ready to use the llamascript. Whenever 3+ mod nations are involved, clashes are inevitable.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

Zeldor: That change is already in my dev version - I should probably have made it explicit. The nation doesn't really need Valks or Vestals as recruitables anyway, since its native sacreds are enough.

Making the sacreds all cap-only... well, I'll happily try it out. What I'd like to see are terrain-dependent recruitables, so that the nation's choice of sacred units depended on the terrain you built castles in.

Their armour makes a lot of sense thematically, but 0 resources is a bit too good. I could add a resource cost, or just make the armour more sensible. Ring cuirass on Jade, chain cuirass on Garnet, plate cuirass on Onyx?

There's a 7 point resource penalty on Crystal Amazons for some reason (probably related to the original mod giving them poison bows). Taking that off would be good.

PD: I've had a closer look, and ZOMG! It's PD that motivates you to put over 20 points per province. Yeah, it's far too good. My instinct would be to swap out the sacreds for the other two amazon types, make the first commander a Crystal Priestess and the second one a Sorceress of some sort.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:07 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

For balance purposes I'd say Sauromatia is a decent yard stick - they've got a lot of the same flavors and are a powerful nation. All of Sauro's troops have scale mail, plate seems pretty unthematic to me - but that's just my opinion. If it is used, it makes sense to put the heavier armor at map move 1. Dragon scale is fine thematically, but it should have a very high resource cost and only be on one or two elite unit types - both for balance and just from common sense. Pegasus riders seem more like a 80-100 gold recruit to me : sacred, flying cavalry with a high defense and a poison bow. I'd also raise Jade Maiden's price a little bit, they're quite cheep compared to other sacred cavalry. I might peg them even a little more costly than the Sauro Oirorpata if they're not cap only and have poison resistance, if they were...maybe 60 gold (along with more expensive pegasi) then there probably wouldn't be a balance issue with having the sacreds recruit everywhere - though I can't think of any other nation with recruit anywhere sacred cavalry.

Oh man, I just noticed the amazon archers have a poison bow. That needs to be switched for a normal bow. Sauro's poison archers are very, very strong even being cap only. Those things are in the PD? Gah, that is insanely over the top....
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

Well well... then I would like to join as Ryleth. Is that ok ?
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:19 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Also, Baalz, I hope that you have someone ready to use the llamascript. Whenever 3+ mod nations are involved, clashes are inevitable.
I'd be interested in rolling the mods with my own DMG script if folks want. I think it's a bit more robust than the other script and can detect when too many slots get filled, etc. I'd like 48 hours to work out any kinks. PM me if interested Baalz.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:42 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Oh man, I just noticed the amazon archers have a poison bow. That needs to be switched for a normal bow. Sauro's poison archers are very, very strong even being cap only. Those things are in the PD? Gah, that is insanely over the top....
Ah... You're looking at the original mod. Here's a more current version - dm file only.
Attached Files
File Type: zip themiskyra_MA3.zip (8.6 KB, 99 views)

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.