.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:41 PM

Private

Lion69 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.01

i see the new patch is out
should we all DL the newpatch and upgrade?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:27 PM

Corporal

Whollaborg is on a distinguished road
Default Declaration of War

Pretenders and spectatores!

We indeed took Fields of Abul from nasty heavy cavalry, but as our progress was swift and wind wept on our heels. Thus we didn't have time to scout lands behind the province we liberated. And thus we didn't see a climpse of a sovereign nation behind the vast Fields of Abul.

As soon as our troops met Ermorian border patrols we sent messengers carrying maps and plans of our advance in the western wastes. We proposed peace and formal borders between our nations. We begged for negotiations.
But Alas Ermor just replied with an attack threat claiming that their troops were already on move. Staggering!

No sane word could help.
We offered them Fields of Abul in exchange of an another province.
But the Ermorean first Legion didn't stop as it was ordered by the foolish senate to attack Vanheim.

And as to strengthen the momentum of the armored glove that was directed against our very face Ermor took advantage of our revealed plans of progression in the west and they directed their second legion to province we had announced we were going to liberate. Thanks to Vanvathers, this resulted their death.

But more gravely,
Ermorean first legion of 60 men attacked our nation directly despite our propositions to exchange Fields of Abul to port city in the far west that had been taken by Ermorian fleet of triremes.

Fields of Abul had to be temporary abandoned as Ermor wouldn't listen to our trading propositions and they didn't stop their legions. Overwhelming force of ruthless attackers poured on to the fields and slaughtered our few defenders.

Now Ermor dares to claim that they showed willingness to trade provinces with the Vanheim. Nothing such happened! We were the only ones trying to negotiate.

The Ancestoral spirits of ancient Vanvathers would never forgive if we surrendered to naked powermongering and violence and disrespect of our proposed negotations.
On the other hand, if we would give in, we would loose respect in the eyes of opportunists of this bleak world and soon we would be covered by a mount of carrion crawlers trying to suck the very marrow out of our bones which would have lost selfrespect in the earlier phace of becoming a weakling.

Thus we declare War against Ermor!

Let all know that Ermor is thus nation doomed to darkness. Let the cold winds lick the blood from the wounds of Ermorian legionares!

All Four Ermorean provinces in the delta and to west from the Great River belong to Vanheim from now on - as a prize of foolishness of Ermorian senate.
The rest in the east is for the crows.

[edit: typing, which is poor english anyway, my apologies]
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM

Sergeant

RamsHead is on a distinguished road

I am curious about that as well.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

The host has not upgraded to 3.01 yet. It would be best to hold off upgrading for a little while. I will try to get the host upgraded this weekend.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:02 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Is a sub still wanted?

Heya,

I'm very much a newbie (just played a couple of games of single player), and really fancy joining a MP game. It looked from some of the earlier posts that a sub might be wanted, is that still the case? I'd be very keen to join, I don't mind what nation.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

Truper is on a distinguished road

This post deleted - sorry, carry on.
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM

Sergeant

Stryke11 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is a sub still wanted?

The senate and people of Ermor regret that such ill tidings have come to pass. Nevertheless, though we recognize the overwhelming strength of the Vanir and their eldrich magicks, this is our land and we shall not abandon it. What we lack in glamour we make up for with morale, and where we falter in strength we will compensate with numbers.

Surely fate frowns upon the powerful and agressive, and other empires seeing the strength and ferocity of Vanheim and knowing they very well may be next to face its full force will enter the fray now and face it together rather than wait until they are picked off one by one.

The city of Eldregate prepares to defend its massive walls, the legions stand ready to defend our homeland, and the senate of Ermor bids the other nations of the world watch carefully, for as Ermor goes, so goeth the world.
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:22 AM

Sergeant

WSzaboPeter is on a distinguished road
Default 3.01

I think patching the host to 3.01 would be great.
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

I have alreayd upgraded for another game. What sort of problems could occur?
Old November 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sheap is on a distinguished road

Nothing good will come of having two separate versions. At best nothing will happen, at worst your orders will come out wrong and the game will accuse you of cheating.

It should be possible to run two versions of dom3 on the same system. It was possible with dom2. Just copy the game into a new directory before you upgrade, the copy will then have the old version. I think this SHOULD work. I haven't tested it.