The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old August 21st, 2003, 07:45 PM

Captain

Erax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Phong\'s Head Cantina [TM] - Starfury Sector (A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy)

I am without weapons of any kind.
Old August 24th, 2003, 11:32 AM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Phong\'s Head Cantina [TM] - Starfury Sector (A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy)

Thats good erax, now please accompany me to the scanner *I'm security, makes you feel secure, don't it *

*Erax is taken to a sideroom where he is promptly scanned and the security girls take his coat*

Now i seemed to have access to Ragnaroks tab, and since no-one else has turned up, the first rounds on me

Care to join us boss?
Old September 6th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

A faint trail of fire appears in the sky, pointed in the general direction of the Cantina, and grows visibly larger as the seconds pass.
Scanners quickly identify it as a Terran MK III Destroyer dropping through the atmosphere with a decent profile that would give most pilots nightmares.

The ship glances off the heavy ventral shields of the Phong's Head, and remains aloft for a few extra seconds. With a final burst of power from its starboard engine, it cancels its spin and enough of its velocity to be caught by the nearby Spaceport's tractor beams and lowered gently into a docking bay.

With the ship finally motionless, it is clear that the hull is in very bad shape. All but a fraction of the port-side armor has been burnt beyond recognition, and an incredible number of rounded holes can be seen in the few plates still attached to the hull. The two other engines are melted down to nubs, the shield generators look like scrap, and miscellaneous equipment can be seen littering the corridors of the ship through tears in the hull.

As the maint bots from the spaceport struggle to hook up power and lifesupport feeds through the mess, a lone figure exits the spaceport and saunters over to the Cantina.

"What's this I hear about free drinks? I overheard something about a good bar in Pirate's Cove, but I never expected this!"

"Oh, and by the way, does this place have a pawn shop, or do I need to go down the street? I've got a 'salvaged' point defense laser I'd like to get rid of. Sure it may be a bit run down, but I'm sure someone around here could fix it up and use it to, say, vaporize spills before they hit the floor, light cigars and that sort of thing."
Old September 6th, 2003, 05:44 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I just crashed my destroyer on the surface of some remote moon while trying to avoid a Terran Battleship hell bent on capturing me with illegal cargo. So, does any one here have a spare ship I can have? Cheep?

[ September 06, 2003, 04:46: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old September 6th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

Ah, thank you.

As for the PDL, I was thinking more of a customer service thing... With the rapid tracking and response times designed into the thing, it could easily handle quite a few lightings and spill preventions in short succession if it were mounted high on the ceiling.
Old September 7th, 2003, 01:01 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

General Woundwort is on a distinguished road

SJ, you'll find a Toydarian in one of the corner booths on the first floor that specializes in equipment pawning. I already have a very nice butane torch lighter for my cigars, thank you.

AT, the first real customers are starting to trickle in. Just sit back, have a dose of your prefered adult beverage (sorry, no American mass-produced beers - Boss's orders), and relax. I'm sure an opportunity for a new ship will come along shortly.

Ah... things are starting to look up. Maybe this will turn into a real cantina after all. Sancho!

[the ex-foreman droid zips up, in a metallic tux]

See that these gentlemen get whatever it is they require. Chop chop!
Old September 7th, 2003, 01:35 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

I am honored by your generosity, but I assure you that we have that angle covered. I personally supervised the construction of this establishment, and in the words of another great space merc, "I made a lot of special modifications myself." You might check with Deadstar, however - he might have a use for it...
Old September 7th, 2003, 01:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Then Bar Keep I will have a warp core breach followed up by a shot of your best canadian whisky.

Oh ya, if Babba the But comes looking for me, I am not here and you haven't seen me in light years!

[ September 07, 2003, 00:55: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old September 7th, 2003, 02:21 AM

Brigadier General

Rollo is on a distinguished road

A scruffy Viking with many battle scars and a silly crown enters the cantina.
"Hey, I have been summoned by the magic words: Free drinks."
Dungeon Odyssey:
Hack and Slash
Version 0.53e
Old September 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Sancho, get AT a Warp Core Breach (what is that anyways? Is is related to the Pan-Galactic GarglebLaster?)...

Rollo, go ahead and tell the bartender what you'd like. There are holo-duel games up on the second floor, if you're interested...

[beams a smile and puffs on the cigar] Nothing like a little good news on the upcoming release to boost business...