World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:56 AM

Private

The Frenchmen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ExMod 1.09 has arived

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul1980au:
Good work though you may want to make modifications (expand the mines tech tree) to say 8 levels.
Done and done! =) This is what i want, tell me what to add, after working on a mod for a while i find my ideas tend to get a bit stale, thanks! =)

(also, if anything is overpowered, tell me)

oh, and you may or may not of noticed, but i added a few runin techs =)

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
What would you like your mod's entry on SE4 Mods List to say?
hmm...

Incorporates severl ideas from other mods and adds many new ruin techs, regular techs, ship sizes, and plants.

[ June 10, 2004, 00:58: Message edited by: The Frenchmen ]
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

So far I have not noticed any bugs with your mod, I am about 55 turns into my game and all is going well.
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:56 AM

Private

ExMod 1.03 is out, and remember, i'm always open to criticism =)

ExMod now has a website!
http://24.82.179.178/exmod/exmod.html
or if you dont mind popup adds
www.SpaceEmpirsExMod.tk

Download ExMod 1.03!

[ June 26, 2004, 09:02: Message edited by: The Frenchmen ]
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM

Corporal

Abdiel is on a distinguished road

Hey hope i'm not nitpicking here. Just happened to notice a few typos, like "invisable" mine and "Acient Worldship"

When I was creating a new game there were a few errors, sometimes multiple times, probably the AI trying to pick the Lucky trait. I copy:

-Unknown value "Lucky" for Race Opt 3 Adv Trait 3 in record "Toltayan"
Same thing happened to the Fazrah race.

I like the Huge trait amazing home planet
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Please include appropriate credits information for FQM in your mod download. Thanks.

Also, there is no credit information for the Space Monsters. Credit should be given to Rollo.

"Poor Bastards" trait states that it doubles chance for bad events, but it only increases the chance by 50%, not 100%.

Are you aware that a player could take both Advanced Storage Techniques and TIny Race, thus leading to 90% more space on their planets?

[ June 26, 2004, 17:11: Message edited by: Imperator Fyron ]
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:31 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

im interested in this mod, unfortunally both this thread and the homepage does not contain ANY info at all. You should at least write up a small summary imho.
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
Please include appropriate credits information for FQM in your mod download. Thanks.

Also, there is no credit information for the Space Monsters. Credit should be given to Rollo.

"Poor Bastards" trait states that it doubles chance for bad events, but it only increases the chance by 50%, not 100%.

Are you aware that a player could take both Advanced Storage Techniques and TIny Race, thus leading to 90% more space on their planets?
All done/fixed/changed

Thanks, I’m sure there’s going to be tons of little things like this, its my first mod afterall =P

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok-X:
im interested in this mod, unfortunally both this thread and the homepage does not contain ANY info at all. You should at least write up a small summary imho.
I added a info thing to my web site, you can check in out in my sig or just click Here

Quote:
Originally posted by Abdiel:
Hey hope i'm not nitpicking here. Just happened to notice a few typos, like "invisable" mine and "Acient Worldship"

When I was creating a new game there were a few errors, sometimes multiple times, probably the AI trying to pick the Lucky trait. I copy:

-Unknown value "Lucky" for Race Opt 3 Adv Trait 3 in record "Toltayan"
Same thing happened to the Fazrah race.

I like the Huge trait amazing home planet
Of corse your not nitpicking Abdiel! Fixed the typos, and I’m working on the new AI files for lucky. Huge trait? The tiny race one that fyron typed about? I changed that a bit =P

Thanks for the criticism! I’m trying to make this mod as good as it can be, any suggestions/comments are welcome, and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can =) thanks!
Old June 27th, 2004, 01:59 AM

Corporal

Abdiel is on a distinguished road

Hey, a few more things I noticed in your mod.

-On High Tech level, Gas Colo is still incomplete at level 1.
-The Base Space Yards components have 7000kT mass, they can't be fitted on any bases without a scale mount, and I don't see any.
- The Base Space Yards, on right clicking, have an image to them but in the Components Available panel they're just red-outlined squares with I, II, III, IV, V in each of their boxes.
- Adding more than one hull, I get the error "Only 1 component of type (first hull added) is allowed per vehicle." when it should say only one hull is allowed.
- In the Abilities box, all the ships from Cruiser to Dreadnought are abbreviated as SD, which I presume refers to the Super Dreadnought immediately following.
- Maybe you could use more racestyles, for such a good new mod we want some new faces! (hehe)
- The default races are still trying to select "Lucky" trait instead of your "Lucky bastards" trait which generates an error on creation.
- [edit] I edited out the sound error, thinking it was only my settings, but apparently not. Every window button (things like load game, etc) creates a Windows error beep, I've flipped Classic sound effects on and off but it's not resolving the problem.
- [edit] Maybe you could have your own savegame folder. It's defaulting to the SEIV one.

Ehehe. I feel bad for adding work on you first thing in the morning Breakfast time!

Abdiel

[ June 27, 2004, 01:04: Message edited by: Abdiel ]
Old June 27th, 2004, 02:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

The "only one X allowed" thing is not modable unfortunately. MM didn't anticipate modders doing that particular trick (amoung many others!)

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old June 27th, 2004, 03:15 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally posted by Abdiel:
Hey, a few more things I noticed in your mod.

-On High Tech level, Gas Colo is still incomplete at level 1.
-The Base Space Yards components have 7000kT mass, they can't be fitted on any bases without a scale mount, and I don't see any.
- The Base Space Yards, on right clicking, have an image to them but in the Components Available panel they're just red-outlined squares with I, II, III, IV, V in each of their boxes.
- Adding more than one hull, I get the error "Only 1 component of type (first hull added) is allowed per vehicle." when it should say only one hull is allowed.
- In the Abilities box, all the ships from Cruiser to Dreadnought are abbreviated as SD, which I presume refers to the Super Dreadnought immediately following.
- Maybe you could use more racestyles, for such a good new mod we want some new faces! (hehe)
- The default races are still trying to select "Lucky" trait instead of your "Lucky bastards" trait which generates an error on creation.
- [edit] I edited out the sound error, thinking it was only my settings, but apparently not. Every window button (things like load game, etc) creates a Windows error beep, I've flipped Classic sound effects on and off but it's not resolving the problem.
- [edit] Maybe you could have your own savegame folder. It's defaulting to the SEIV one.

Ehehe. I feel bad for adding work on you first thing in the morning Breakfast time!

Abdiel
The BSY does work, but only with the Moonbase. It builds so fast so i made it HUGE.

I just had the same problem with the windows error sound, and i found the problem. Your using a mod directory, and there are only two sounds in the sounds file. It doesn't have any of the original SE4 sounds...you have to copy them in or copy my sounds folder into your SE4 root.

That lucky trait is gunna take some work =P it should be fixed in 1.05 or 1.06

The BSY image shouldn't be messed up if you have the latest image mod pack, but just in case I’ll send some pics for it in the next patch.

I'd love to add the entire race folder I’ve got on my comp, but not only are they other people’s races but it would add to the file size of the mod. I am going to do a few originals just for the mod, but you can add as many races as you want to your own game =)