This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road
Default OT: Morrowind?

I was in a game shop today and noticed that they're selling Morrowind and its two expansions for 20euro. I'm just wondering, is it any good? I remember seeing plenty of good reviews for it, but I'm just wondering what the general consensus is. My RPG collection is dominated by BioWare titles, the odd ones out being Diablo II and Sacred (neither of which I managed to finish). I prefer RPGs with a lot of character interaction, Baldurs Gate II being my all-time favourite, and I'm wondering how Morrowind stacks up in that department. And all the other ones, of course.
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:49 PM

Corporal

LordAxel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Morrowind?

I have morrowind for xbox and its pretty good. There are alot of different paths you can go in the game. You can put the main mission off as long as you need. To go through all the different paths of the game will take quite sometime. I did however get bored with the game after awhile, some objects are very small and hard to find even when at the location they are at. Very difficult game to excel at without using a guide of some kind fortunately there is a free one on the net that helps as little or much as you need.
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/morrownd.php
gives good information to about the game
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

Its good, but two things:

A. It is a resource hog.

B. it takes a LONG TIME to get through.

Also, if you get the PC version there are quite a few mods out there to improve the experience. They is a lot more interaction than Diablo but less than Baulder's Gate since you're on your own 98% of the time.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old May 1st, 2005, 09:17 PM

Major General

NullAshton is on a distinguished road

I thought it was slow, but some people might like it. Graphics aren't the best in the world, but still pretty good. The best part about it is the open-endedness. There's a way to get the best weapon in the game near the beginning, and it involves little danger.

Vala - "The last time I was this bored, I took hostages!"
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I liked Daggerfall alot more. I thought Morrowind was kindof a downgrade. But its worth buying cheap
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:20 AM

Sergeant

boran_blok is on a distinguished road

The freedom is sometimes too much, but it is a fun game.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

[Dry]The graphics aren't the best because it was released in 2002[/Dry]
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:20 AM

Sergeant

CovertJaguar is on a distinguished road

I played it for a good long while, had fun, but eventually got bored a long way before I finished the main story. It's just so huge, especially if you want to go somewhere off the beaten path. You can wander in the wilderness for hours on end and never see another soul, just things that want to kill you and the occasional lost ruin that you had no idea was there. The map that comes with the game is an absolute necessity or I can guaranty you that you will get lost. And if you DO get lost, good luck finding civilization again. I don't know how many hours I wandered around out in the middle of nowhere. That aside it is a fun game and some of the magic is very useful and not often seen in games. How would you like to fly or walk on water or even breath under water? You can become head of the local guild, the greatest thief there ever was, or you can enchant your own items with what ever combination of spells you can dream up. You can go treasure diving off the coast or ruin hunting deep in the mountains, its all up to you.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:25 AM

Major

deccan is on a distinguished road

I just saw this in QT3: someone finished playing Morrowind in 14 minutes 26 seconds:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html

Really illustrates just how broken Morrowind's mechanics are if you're a munchkin gamer.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:26 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road

He's full of crap It takes 14 minutes just to get from Scyda Neen to Balmora! Much less to get the stuff together to make anything.

PLUS it took my dad and other folks i know that have played it ages simply to get the fighting power to kill Dagoth Ur....not to mention the level up and money required to do what that guy said....and the time to recharge spells and sleep.

That guy is lying big time so don't rust him one lick.

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.