.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old December 10th, 2003, 07:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When the patch will be released ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Daynarr:
You will get doc for modding (modding.pdf) when you install new patch (when it comes out of course). I doubt you will be able to find it anywhere else.
Looking for it to end up where other docs are available for download, before they get listed to the webpage, is an old trick.

I also noticed the devs using avatar images from the illwinter site so I tried a bunch of maybe's to see if any that would fit me were also there. No luck but it was fun trying.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:42 PM

BANNED USER

Mortifer is on a distinguished road

Oh man I cant wait to start modding!
Anyone plan to make a LotR mod?
Because I do....
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:26 AM

Sergeant

Keir Maxwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Mortifer:

Yup - no harm in two is there?

I may still decide to do a Middle Earth scenario other than LotR, like War of the Last Alliance, but as I have wargamed the LotR from the teens in miniatures it is likely I will stick to what I know best. On the down side incorporating the quest to destroy the ring will make play balence more difficult to achieve if SPI's old board game is anything to judge from.

I'm also planning to put together a Greyhawk campaign set around the Northern environs of the Great Kingdom area. As ever real life questions/priorites will decide what gets done when but the Greyhawk mod will probably be a lot simpler so may go first.

Cheers

Keir
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:07 AM

Corporal

Dekent is on a distinguished road

So we can make new units with these mod tools?

Can we customize their abilties, stats, resists? How about making shapeshifters like dragons or skin shifters...does it allow you to edit already made units or is it new units only?

And most importaly, can we use existing unit graphics? Some of us are artistically challenged ;p
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:42 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Dekent:
So we can make new units with these mod tools?
Actually, we apparently always could. Even in Dom1. Its something Im sorry to say that I never did get around to reading the "monster edit" docs. http://www.illwinter.com/dom/documentation.html

Quote:
Can we customize their abilties, stats, resists? How about making shapeshifters like dragons or skin shifters...does it allow you to edit already made units or is it new units only?
The MonEdit docs covers alot of what can be done. Looking at the mod files that are already available for Dom2 at illwinters site can give a real clear picture of how its used.

Quote:
And most importaly, can we use existing unit graphics? Some of us are artistically challenged ;p
I dont remember an official answer to that yet.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:50 AM

Corporal

In dom1 the editing is done via notepad basically...thats not a mod tool which is what Im concerned about..

And are you talking about a doc file on their website? I didn't see any information about it there.

Also in dom1 for the life of me I could never figure out how to use graphics already in the game, which drove me nuts
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:57 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Dekent:
Also in dom1 for the life of me I could never figure out how to use graphics already in the game, which drove me nuts
Yeah... that's my big problem=) So far, "Rising Sun" has samurai that look like hoburgs and mounted samurai that look like hog knights. Fine, but it may stretch the imagination a bt=)
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:04 AM

Corporal

Can't beat stick figure knights.....
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:19 AM

Sergeant

LordArioch is on a distinguished road

It seems the mod tools let you edit stats of units in game...if you were careful you could certainly use old pictures that way it seems, although it might be strange when marignon sends mounted samuri against you because you modified royal guard.
Old December 11th, 2003, 11:02 AM

Corporal

MStavros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Keir Maxwell:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortifer:

Yup - no harm in two is there?

I may still decide to do a Middle Earth scenario other than LotR, like War of the Last Alliance, but as I have wargamed the LotR from the teens in miniatures it is likely I will stick to what I know best. On the down side incorporating the quest to destroy the ring will make play balence more difficult to achieve if SPI's old board game is anything to judge from.

I'm also planning to put together a Greyhawk campaign set around the Northern environs of the Great Kingdom area. As ever real life questions/priorites will decide what gets done when but the Greyhawk mod will probably be a lot simpler so may go first.

Cheers

Keir

Keir, I wanted to make a LotR, BUT if you wanna make it, I won't start to work on it. You will surely make a perfect LotR mod!

IMHO the War of the Ring mod would be more interesting!

[ December 11, 2003, 09:03: Message edited by: MStavros ]