ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario Conflict with Version 2.0

I've noticed a problem. It was called to my attention by our good friend Fabio Prado. I have confirmed it.

Any scenarios done in 2.0 will not load into version 1.02. I have not seen any posts addressing this.

I loaded a scenario originally done in version 2.0. I made some changes and then saved it. I then moved it to another copy of the game with version 1.02 (Patch that came with CD).

I just tried it with yet another scenario and the same thing happens. So there is a problem here with scenarios done in 2.0 and attempting to play them in version 1.02

WB

WHen I tried to open it in the editor there, it said, "Saved game failed to load." It was not a saved game but the scenario itself done in 2.0.

Now I'm going to see if that scenario done in 2.0 will play
in 1.02. If it won't any players with 1.02 will have to get the patch or the scenarios done in 2.0 won't play.

Well, I tried and no, a scenario done and saved in version 2.0 won't play in a game with the 1.02 patch from the CD.

Can this be fixed?

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,472 Times in 2,709 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Scenario Conflict with Version 2.0

We noticed this before the patch was released and it's interconnected to one or more or a combination of,the changes we made in item 37) (Changes made to "Carry capacity" and "Carry cost" did not stick when changed in the editor.) and item 41) ( There was a bug that was preventing units from clearing mines after a save )and item 47)( A Bug where player 2 in a scenario could see player 1's troops during the pre game bombardment, if player one was the AI fixed.). We *suspect* one or all of these changes that end up in the DAT file are unreadable to earlier versions. It's not an option to remove the changes

Scenarios made with WinSPMBT are not 100% compatable with the old DOS version either due in main part to the terrain changes. The changes we make are intended to advance the game and be compatible with pre-existing scenarios. That's our main objective. It's quite conceivable that if we continue to develop this game over the years that scenarios made with " version 4.5 " won't work in a ver 2.0 copy of the game but the ver 2.0 scenarios will work in ver 4.5. However, we expect anyone with the game will want the most advanced version of it and that's the bottom line in this case. We don't support older versions of the game. We simply cannot. There isn't enough hours in the day sometimes as it stands now. If a version 2.0 scenario does not work in version 1.0 then the patch needs to be applied to bring the game up to ver 2.0 standards to play the scenario

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenario Conflict with Version 2.0

Okay. Understood. I just wanted to be sure that this was not an anomaly on my end. As for the time needed for the work that was and is done, no one understands better than I.

I appreciate the clarification.

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer