This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 15th, 2003, 09:00 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TDM-ModPack 3.30 BETA

Problem in 3.2, I don't know if anyone has seen this.

In the Message window, with ALL marked, frequent times not all the msgs are listed, You have to clik on (the right side) for research etc, eaach, then clik on All to have them all appear. It appears for some reason even with ALL selected, not all msgs are coming thru and you have to go to each individual button lst, then clik on all

just some ideas Mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old March 16th, 2003, 03:39 AM

Lieutenant General

oleg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by mac5732:
Problem in 3.2, I don't know if anyone has seen this.

In the Message window, with ALL marked, frequent times not all the msgs are listed, You have to clik on (the right side) for research etc, eaach, then clik on All to have them all appear. It appears for some reason even with ALL selected, not all msgs are coming thru and you have to go to each individual button lst, then clik on all

just some ideas Mac
It is a generic bug/feature introduced in 1.84 patch. No relation to TDM
Old March 16th, 2003, 04:57 AM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

tks Oleg, appreciate it, makes me feel better , I thought I might have messed up the download as usual....

just some ideas mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old March 19th, 2003, 10:29 PM

Private

TheBlip is on a distinguished road

Greetings, don't know if this has been reported before but here it is.
I was playing a game of the latest TDM mod (3.30) and I got the following error just after the message that combat will occur, but before the intial combat screen where you choose strategic / tactical. After I clicked (close) for the error window there was no combat.

Any input on what happened and what I can do about it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Error Screen:

Ai Design Creation Errors:
f:\seivgold\tdm-modpack\pictures\races\orks\orks_ai_designcreatic

Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - DN"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - BB(I)"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - BB"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - BC"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - CA"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - CL"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Mek boy - DD"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Speed-Freek - CVA"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Speed-Freek - CV"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Speed-Freek - CVL"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Drone Carrier - DN"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Drone Carrier - BB"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Drone Carrier - BC"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Drone Carrier - CA"
Unknown value "Long Weapons Range" for Default Strategy in record "Drone Carrier - CL"
Unknown value "Fighter Intercept" for Default Strategy in record "Fighta-Bamma"
Unknown value "Drone Planet Attack" for Default Strategy in record "Anti-Planet Drone"
Old March 19th, 2003, 11:04 PM

Private

Ok, I got the same error again, but it occured during the movement turn of the AI forces, no combat was initiated. So that may have been a "red herring" (eg. misleading information).
Old March 19th, 2003, 11:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the strategies text file for the Orks AI to see if they have the Long Weapons Range strategy in them.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old March 19th, 2003, 11:44 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

It seems that you are using the Orks with not all of their files or something like this. I have seen on the other thread that you had problems with the TDM path. Did the errors occur before or after you fixed the problem?
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Atraikius is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen those errors for a long time, and thought that I had them fixed. Along with Mephisto's suggestion, could you let me know:

1. Were they included in the game using an empire file, or randomly selected.

2. If using an empire file, which one were you using (name and file date).

Thanks
Old March 22nd, 2003, 05:50 AM

Private

I believe that I only got those errors when I was playing a saved game which was not correctly loaded. I have played many more hours with a correctly loaded game and have had no problems.

I was using a just created race for the game, all other races were defaults that came in the Mod. I only specified one race on the game creation page (mine). The others were put in via the computer somehow (not sure how, or if they use empire files, or are random).

I will assume the error was due to me not knowing how to load saved games when using mods (just past my first week of playing SEIV). If I see the error again I will take lots of notes about the game state.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
TheBlip
Old March 24th, 2003, 06:01 PM

Major

DirectorTsaarx is on a distinguished road

Blip:
To answer the implied question in your Last post, an empire loaded from the empire file (or ".emp" file) is one that you specified at game setup by choosing a race name from the list that pops up when you select the "Add Existing" button. A "random" empire is one that is chosen by the computer when you check the box "add random computer opponents" at game setup. The random opponents are chosen by the computer and generated according to the files in the races' folder (*_AI_General.txt, etc.).

Therefore, given that you stated you only specified one empire during game setup, the computer opponents are indeed random opponents.

Hope that helps - good luck beating the TDM opponents!

[ March 24, 2003, 16:02: Message edited by: DirectorTsaarx ]