Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERomine View Post
You served your country as many on here have served theirs. Each branch of the service is as important as the other and they have their own individual mission, which if not performed puts the missions of the other branch's missions at risk.
I understand this fully.

I WILL say that there were those of our sister services that did not share our (Air Force) general opinion that INDIVIDUALS become warriors...and that it is not granted to you by the color of your uniform.
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:39 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
I understand this fully.

I WILL say that there were those of our sister services that did not share our (Air Force) general opinion that INDIVIDUALS become warriors...and that it is not granted to you by the color of your uniform.
I would suggest it's just a matter of the different roles each branch plays, unless you are were a Marine, which seem to do everything and don't need anybody except the Navy "for a ride". The perception out there is if you don't carry/use a weapon and directly engage the enemy, you aren't a warrior. It's just not the job of Air Force personnel to assault a hill, perform movement to contact missions, etc.

Who is to say why one person ends up in one branch of the service over another? Could just be one recruiter was better than another. All I can say is why I went Army. I like tanks and always have. Even then, I started out enlisted in the Chemical Corps (I liked chemistry in high school) before being commissioned in Armor later. I wanted combat arms, but didn't want to walk

Personally, I would never be comfortable in my tank if we didn't have air supremacy. You keep the enemy aircraft off my tanks and we will keep them away from your bases. And hopefully, the Navy will keep us both supplied
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Private

DennisS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERomine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
I understand this fully.

I would suggest it's just a matter of the different roles each branch plays, unless you are were a Marine, which seem to do everything and don't need anybody except the Navy "for a ride". The perception out there is if you don't carry/use a weapon and directly engage the enemy, you aren't a warrior. It's just not the job of Air Force personnel to assault a hill, perform movement to contact missions, etc.

Who is to say why one person ends up in one branch of the service over another? Could just be one recruiter was better than another. All I can say is why I went Army. I like tanks and always have. Even then, I started out enlisted in the Chemical Corps (I liked chemistry in high school) before being commissioned in Armor later. I wanted combat arms, but didn't want to walk

Personally, I would never be comfortable in my tank if we didn't have air supremacy. You keep the enemy aircraft off my tanks and we will keep them away from your bases. And hopefully, the Navy will keep us both supplied
No nation was ever conquered by air power. It takes boots on the ground to actually occupy territory. I like how this game approaches this. Until you move a unit onto a victory hex, it isn't yours.

I will say, during the first Gulf War, that some Army friends of mine loved the ugly-assed A-10 Thunderbolt II like nothing else! I was stationed at RAF Woodbridge, UK, back when they converted from F-'s to A-10's. An AMAZING platform, perfectly suited to the second biggest mission the Air Force has, ground support to the Army.
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Campaign Questions

Campaigning is certainly one of the game's big strengths!!

Do enjoy!!

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe