World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OOB 30 Canada

The reason there is an assault boat in unit slot 246 is because the game EXPECTS to find an assault boat in slot 246 in EVERY OOB and for years there had been a FOO in the Canadian OOB in that slot. I guess NOBODY ever tried a river assault with that OOB otherwise I would have heard about all the FOOS that were generated on the map instead of assault boats. I fixed that old error and forgot to fix the FOO formation. S**T happens.

The 3.5 patch was issued, probably too quickly, to tie up loose ends because I didn't want to leave things like not being able to delete core formations from campaigns unfixed and there were a lot of OOB errors in 3.0 that I thought should have been fixed but really this all should have waited until after the summer because quite frankly both Andy and I are somewhat way beyond fed up with the game ATM so best balance what was accomplished with 3.5 with what would have been left undone if we hadn't issued 3.5. Sometime in the fall we'll probably look at this. In the mean time I would suggest opening up MOBHack and fixing it yourself. There are degrees of what a "serious error " is and I can assure you that this is not a "serious" error

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road

OK
Thanks again and have a good summer.
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM

Corporal

whdonnelly is on a distinguished road

Greetings gentlemen,
Before you quit with the Canadian OOB, read this. This will make Canada more interesting for tank battles!

Canada Acquires 120 Leopard 2 Tanks from German, Dutch Surplus
The Canadian Army is acquiring 100 Leopard II tanks, to be delivered from Dutch and Dutch army surplus. The purchase is a change of direction for the army and in particular for Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Rick Hillier, who only a few years ago described the Leopard tanks as "millstone around the neck" of the Canadian forces. The Canadians realized the importance of main battle tanks in recent months, as tanks were rushed in to Afghanistan to support the Canadian contingent stationed at Kandahar. As the new tanks are inducted by the Army, the Leopard 1C2 tanks currently deployed in Afghanistan are expected to be retired from service.

http://www.defense-update.com/newsca...60407_leo2.htm

Thanks for all the hard work.
Will
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Before you quit with the Canadian OOB

Please check out units #35,36 & 37, and #641-644 already available in the latest patch OOB, available from 1/2008...

Cheers
Andy
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Corporal

whdonnelly is on a distinguished road

Andy,
So that is what the C3 is all about! You guys are way ahead of me.
Will
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

At the time of release I had not heard anything official as to whether they will actually be named "C3" but it seems the logical choice .

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 17th, 2007, 01:23 AM

Private

Deadeye is on a distinguished road

I think there is a couple more minor errors in the Canada OOB that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere (from the 3.5 CD version):

- 2 Light Trucks in the Misc area has three trucks defined not two.
- Inf Co-Det Wpns in the Infantry area appears to be missing a third AT unit for the third platoon.

Also, should there be an Inf Cbt Sup Co. formation?, since there is a Mech Cbt Sup Co. formation and for a few years span there is a Para Cbt Sup Co. formation.

Thanks,

Deadeye
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:12 AM

Since the inf co support weapons platoon has two inf-ATW in it, where would a third come from in the company with these weapons detached down to the platoons?.

3 light trucks is an obvious typo - needs fixing.

Some OOB designers put in battalion support companies - others do not bother. I doubt I have bothered ever to buy one in all the years I have played, preferring to buy the detachments and cross-attaching to companies as needed instead.

Cheers
Andy
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Private

Deadeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Since the inf co support weapons platoon has two inf-ATW in it, where would a third come from in the company with these weapons detached down to the platoons?.

Not being a military person at all & looking at other DW formations (such as the Inf Co DW/T) that do have 3 AT units - one per platoon, I made the assumption that the Inf Co Det Wpn should also have 3 AT Units - one per platoon.

Inf Co DW+ has 5 AT units.

So are you saying that the Inf Co Det Wpn Formation is correct and all the other DW formations are incorrect?

I'd just like it to be consistent one way or the other.

Deadeye
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Canadian rifle coys had 2 MAWs and a 60mm mortar section at COy HQ weapons platoon, and an SFMG section which were sometimes detached down to the platoons.

Looking at the appropriate support weapons platoon in Mobhack, and extrapolate from there. And in so doing I think I see what has happened. Someone else has made a platoon with individual weapons added, but then made a coy with these platoons, 3 of each, making the count of coy support weapons wrong. That needs fixing. (Formation #30 is the one I did way back when and is correct, though someone has added a sniper in the meantime, to weapons platoons - that should be tacked on after the third platoon probably). Or - we could simply delete the "det weapons" company formations as surplus to requirements.

It'll be fixed for the next release.

Cheers
Andy