Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM

Private

Mordred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Babylon 5 Mod

Hi ppl!
Is there any Manual or something like this out?
I just installed the Mod but got some problems.

For example. If i play "B5 Noamds" tech tree, do i need the "B5 standart" tree too?
I used the Nomads tree, but i was unable to colonize (sure, i'm a nomad! ;-) ) and got only 1500 research points (not enough!)....i was unable to capture ships or colonys or so....
mhm....pls help ;-)

best would be a manual!
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM

Private

Mordred is on a distinguished road

[ June 01, 2004, 19:58: Message edited by: Mordred ]
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:27 PM

Major General

pathfinder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Mordred:
Hi ppl!
Is there any Manual or something like this out?
I just installed the Mod but got some problems.

For example. If i play "B5 Noamds" tech tree, do i need the "B5 standart" tree too?
I used the Nomads tree, but i was unable to colonize (sure, i'm a nomad! ;-) ) and got only 1500 research points (not enough!)....i was unable to capture ships or colonys or so....
mhm....pls help ;-)

best would be a manual!
B5 Nomads does NOT operate properly.
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM

Sergeant

grumbler is on a distinguished road

There is a Bit Torrent link to the music to the abandoned B5 game "into the Fire" here. There is a discussion of the "legality" of releasing this in that thread, so you might want to read it to understand what you are letting yourself in for if you decide to download it.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think the focus should be on speeding up the gameplay of the B5 Mod, not slowing it down even more so than it is now... it is bad for PBW in it's current state.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:11 AM

Sergeant

Lighthorse is on a distinguished road

Hey Rambie,

Apply to join Babylon 5 PBW game.

Here how I would like the game to be set

Starting resources: 100000
Starting planets: 1
Home planet value: Good
Score display: own
Technology level: low
Racial points: 2000
Quadrant type: Cluster or B5 standard
Quadrant size: Large
Event frequency: Low
Event severity: medium
Technology cost: high
Computer players: none
Computer difficulty: High
Computer player bonus: High
Neutral empires: Yes
Special rules: No surrendering, The ancient race unable to colonizes new planets thus they gain new planets by gifts or conquest,players can save the map during the game, players can see complete tech tree, and players can only colonize home planet type.
Max/min for ships and units set to 20,000
Victory condition set to none

This is what I would like, but I open to other suggestions too.

Lighthorse
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:18 AM

Corporal

astruskustuvas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Special rules: No surrendering, The ancient race unable to colonizes new planets thus they gain new planets by gifts or conquest,players can save the map during the game, players can see complete tech tree, and players can only colonize home planet type.
I like it. But without colonization they should get biger planet sphere/ringworld (?). oh and if they get them, then they cant attack minor races till turn 10-100(?)

Quote:
Racial points: 2000
i agree but ancients should get more 5000 or 3000.

V..Peace..V
Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:48 AM

Corporal

Nomor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
Personally, I think the focus should be on speeding up the gameplay of the B5 Mod, not slowing it down even more so than it is now... it is bad for PBW in it's current state.
As the Vorlons might say..... "Yes".

This is a list of the PF 1.8 Gold Mod Facilities and their build times relative to population quantities. All are jubilant. All times are number of turns. 10 turns are equal to 1 year.Game Time.

_____________________Homeworld_Rock__Tiny-Domed__Domed
.................................................. ...2000m....... 500m..........100m.........4m...

Colony Hub I.....................................8........... .....52..............147.........191
Homeworld Hub...............................20.............. 148..............367..........477

Listening Post..................................2........... .......9...............25............33
Covert Ops Center............................3............... ..17..............47.............61

Manuf. Colony I................................6................ .35..............97............127

Military Outpost I.............................4..................2 7..............74.............96
Adv. Mil. OP I..................................7.............. ....41.............115...........150

Trading Port....................................2......... .........13...............35.............46
Recycling Center.............................3.............. ....16...............44.............57

Atmospheric Adjuster I.. ........11.................. 69 ..............193...........250 .....( + 600 to convert i.e. 60 yrs)

Medical Center I..............................2.................. ..9................25.............33

Archaeology Site I...........................1....................7 .................9..............25.....(
Educational Center I........................3...................17... ............47..............61

Mining Colony I...............................2................. ..10...............26..............34
Aggressive MC................................1............... .....5...............13..............17
Agricultural Colony...........................1................ ....6...............17..............22

Ship Yard I......................................4.......... .........25...............70.............91
Ship Yard II.....................................5.......... .........33...............93............121

Depot I...........................................7..... ..............43..............122............158

If playing PBW and one turn is taken per day then all the figures here represent the # days for construction of named facilities.It gets worse as the later levels appear.

This might well be the best place to start discussing the current mod and how much of your life you wish to commit to the next PBW.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Sorry for the wonky columns.

PS. I'm not going to play 69 days for my Atmospheric Adjuster to be built and then play a further 2 years for the conVersion to take place just to have some Dutchman with a Polish girlfriend invade my planet one day before conVersion.... .. .. .. ..

[ June 14, 2004, 18:49: Message edited by: Nomor ]
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:44 AM

Major General

pathfinder is on a distinguished road

@Nomor: your Last line...*snicker* hehe

Yeah, I just did NOT take the time weasel with all the facilities and weapons and all the other stuff that seems out of whack. That is more than one person could do.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:59 AM

Corporal

Nomor is on a distinguished road

[ June 05, 2004, 05:06: Message edited by: Nomor ]