Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Private

Panzermeyer is on a distinguished road
Default Can't read manual

I have just freshly installed and patched up to 4.0 on WinXP. When I click on "Read the game manual" nothing happens. The game works fine otherwise. Anyone know what could cause this?
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't read manual

Go to game folder and check if manual is there, it could have been skipped in installation process
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
I have just freshly installed and patched up to 4.0 on WinXP. When I click on "Read the game manual" nothing happens. The game works fine otherwise. Anyone know what could cause this?
Go to the \game notes folder and double click on spww2guide.htm and see if that loads normally.

If it does not then you have some sort of problem - the installation always installs the thing and each install puts the updated html in there. I would run the windows disc check scandisc on your disk drive (possibly doing a bad sector surface test).

The button in the game launcher programme is linked to a simple "shellexecute" call, and can only go wrong if the files are not there (or you renamed them or the folder containing them, or moved them), or are corrupted, or you have done something that intercepts the normal windows open command on html files (e.g. installed some html editor?) - but then one would expect the editor to launch on the shellexecute command.

Also - try launching the various utilities on the utilities tab, and perhaps the other buttons on the help tab (discussion group and home page etc). If those are also not working (all use shellexecute with a relative file path) then you may have done something strange in the installation?.

Did you install to the default drive + directory or to a different one? - if different then did you remember to point each and every patch installer programme at the new location that you chose?.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Private

Panzermeyer is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys I figured out the problem. Apparently the problem was caused by me deleting the short cut to the manual in my start menu. Because I'm a neat freak I tend to delete all the extra shortcuts when I install a game and only keep the short cut to start the game itself.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Private

Artofwar is on a distinguished road

Remember too you can download a pdf of the manual it is on a stick in this forum by Cross. He also has armor penetration AND an exhaustive HOTKEY download file to