.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 16th, 2008, 04:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominion (CLOSED) - Waiting for pretender file

It is up to you, Argitoth, to make a decision, as you are a host. If everyone admits defeat and goes to AI, for instance, is there any sense to play for that one player who doesn't?
No matter what your decision is, please reset the timer as it is no at 16 hours till next hosting and I didn't even start to something with my turn.
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:31 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Argitoth is on a distinguished road

Game over. Sweet, I survived till the very end.
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe you'll find it interesting to know that there was a moment in the game when I was going to set myself to AI, because of exhausting war with heavy Tir'na'nog troops, mages and god in which we both suffered losses (I think I suffered more) and the army split between two fronts. I had very little actual income, needed new troops to replace old ones and two fronts war was really annoying (I was really lucky that Niefel stopped attacking me then). So I though I had almost no chance to win and I was going to leave.
But the same turn I made the decision, Nikolai sent me a PM in which he suggested eternal peace motivating it with the words "this war leads us nowhere". I eagerly agreed with it. Now my borders were absolutely safe and I had a plenty of space to expand to. Mictlan appeared an easy victim and fell fast. Then I noticed that Niefel god was killed and started pushing him. Having two more capitals was a guarantee of very strong late game and I aimed for it.
And it was the biggest mistake of Arco, I think, that he gave me the Niefel capital. I don't know if he was afraid or just wanted peace for some reason, but it would be very hard for me to fight his well composed armies with mages at that time, especially taking on account that my main forces were killing Mictlan. But he did suggest peace and gave me Niefel capital. Now I had three capitals, safe borders and some time to prepare for the war with Arco which was inevitable as I had no other borders and to push my dominion to get better income. And I understood that the victory was just a matter of time.
I had a perfect bless for the thugs and it was not so good for the troops. It was harder to go in the early game but later using Rakshas and Dakinis equipped using the FoTA artifacts was like a "I win" card. I forged all unique artifacts I needed and so, as I mentioned, victory was just a matter of time. Also, huge fetish, clam and blood stone economy allowed me not to get worried about the future.
But the last turns were really exhausting)

I'd like to thank everyone for a good game. See you at some other battlefield)
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Sergeant

Revolution is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ano said:
Maybe you'll find it interesting to know that there was a moment in the game when I was going to set myself to AI, because of exhausting war with heavy Tir'na'nog troops, mages and god in which we both suffered losses (I think I suffered more) and the army split between two fronts. I had very little actual income, needed new troops to replace old ones and two fronts war was really annoying (I was really lucky that Niefel stopped attacking me then). So I though I had almost no chance to win and I was going to leave.
But the same turn I made the decision, Nikolai sent me a PM in which he suggested eternal peace motivating it with the words "this war leads us nowhere". I eagerly agreed with it. Now my borders were absolutely safe and I had a plenty of space to expand to. Mictlan appeared an easy victim and fell fast. Then I noticed that Niefel god was killed and started pushing him. Having two more capitals was a guarantee of very strong late game and I aimed for it.
And it was the biggest mistake of Arco, I think, that he gave me the Niefel capital. I don't know if he was afraid or just wanted peace for some reason, but it would be very hard for me to fight his well composed armies with mages at that time, especially taking on account that my main forces were killing Mictlan. But he did suggest peace and gave me Niefel capital. Now I had three capitals, safe borders and some time to prepare for the war with Arco which was inevitable as I had no other borders and to push my dominion to get better income. And I understood that the victory was just a matter of time.
I had a perfect bless for the thugs and it was not so good for the troops. It was harder to go in the early game but later using Rakshas and Dakinis equipped using the FoTA artifacts was like a "I win" card. I forged all unique artifacts I needed and so, as I mentioned, victory was just a matter of time. Also, huge fetish, clam and blood stone economy allowed me not to get worried about the future.
But the last turns were really exhausting)

I'd like to thank everyone for a good game. See you at some other battlefield)
Yes, with my armies around the Neifel capital poised to strike I absolutely should have taken it (or at least fought you for it) and then proceeded onto you...I had NAPs with my other neighbors and would have probably fared better in battle with My armies together on the offensive than trying to defend 12 provinces at once as happened later Buuut...I wanted peace. When you later did declare war on me I sent messages to everyone that I knew of who shared a border with you and no one would come to my aid...It was a painfully one sided fight.

Good job Ano, great victory. Good game everyone.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Private

JZ is on a distinguished road

Yea you did. Unfortunately there was this "Till death parts" agreement and I had to honor all made agreements. I did consider breaking it when lighting spell was cast few turns late (it was directly killing some of my troops) but I checked graphs and understood that cause is lost.

Still I enjoyed local petty war with Atlantis
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Who is Oceania?) Probably you meant Atlantis.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Sergeant

Janlm is on a distinguished road

it was a good game, congratulations on the victory Ano.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks)