.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM

Corporal

Minor Kitty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

I'm personally up for 48hrs, I find that I'm losing determination, but gaining hatred...

Anyways I believe I'll be a bit busy for the next week moving and getting reestablished. Not impossible, but I prefer longer turns.
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Middle Age Crisis ,CBM1.94+Assimilation mod 1.1 6/8 Players Remaining

I don't mind what the interval is, long or short, both is good.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:59 PM

Corporal

Hereward is on a distinguished road

Ok so you are going to put the timer to 48 or 60 now or after you've finished moving kitty?
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:57 AM

Corporal

Minor Kitty is on a distinguished road

ABSOLUTELY, I just got back and due to some nice polite Natives and their railraod block for Idle no More I'm late 8 hours. I need to get stuff like food and textbooks so I'll delay until tonight
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM

Corporal

Sluagh is on a distinguished road

Hehehe, it's for the greater good.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

Did I miss something? I thought this was a newbie game...
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krpeters View Post
Did I miss something? I thought this was a newbie game...
???
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

Well, after watching one of my major forces getting squished like a bug, I'm feeling a bit outclassed.

I have one or two tricks still up my sleeve, but if they don't work, I think I'll be giving up on Dominions.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Corporal

One thing I noticed peters is that you didn't have any mage support in our main battle, and i'm guessing you didn't have many mages in the battle against tiavals due to the sea element. Army strength could be considered 1/3rd troops, 1/3rd thugs and SCs and 1/3rd mages, roughly, and if you are lacking this 3rd element then it's pretty likely you will lose...
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:46 AM

Corporal

Also one of bandar's main strengths is the mobility of its top tier mages, who can teleport around and so join a battle all the way across the map in 1 or 2 turns from the capital.

As for the newbie element of this game, players who haven't played many mp games could still be way higher in ability than other 'new' players because of the strange learning curve of this game and the almost infinite different strategies you can employ. Although many of the players, especially agartha and ermor and me, and ulm before he left, are very competent in decisions and compositions, they still seem to me to be many levels below the upper tier of players - I have been playing one other game, my second, where there were some upper-tier players, and I was facing many SCs in the 30-40 turn period, and facing such strategies as small stealthy forces attacking many of my provinces each turn which I could hardly defend against. This game in comparison is much easier and 'standard' in that it consists of large areas which are very defendable through a few choke points, which encourages more standard large army vs large army play.