.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KG Griffin the Alt History Campaign Continues

Here is that Recon Tank I was telling you about. Felgrau, desert and Camo as standard.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 579573-Leopard Spaehpanzer.rar (28.4 KB, 143 views)
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:12 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

RM

Thanks again, I'll DL later today as I'm at work now and this rig won't let me open stuff.

I think I'll start work on my amended OOB anyway, but complete this campaign as is. I may have some ideas to bounce off you later. How much trouble would it be to add two rocket pods to each side of the Fa 223 and or mod it somewhat to reflect later purpose built Attack Helo.

I'll be back later today.

Bob Out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Captain

Here is the Drache (with rocket pod and HMG) and two Flettners, one with x2 LMGs the other without. The Flettner makes a nice recon. Hubschrauber.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 580081-WWII Hubs.rar (5.9 KB, 126 views)
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Good day RM

The Camo Bueffel & the Spaehpanzer Leopard are excellent. Me ol'noggin' is reelin' with all the possibities I have now.

Thank in adavnace for the Drache and the Flettners, but you forgot the attachments.

Cheers

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Old February 10th, 2008, 01:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Good day, RM

The Drache and the two Flettners are very nice and have places in my twisted vision of a time never seen. I'm hoping this coming weekend to start in earnest on my amended OOB's.

Again I can't thank you enough along with others for your excellent work.

Old February 10th, 2008, 04:22 AM

First Lieutenant

Continued from War Diary, SSKG Griffin 19 Oct 1945,

The day’s events played out almost as anticipated and with minimal casualties. The northern objectives were held with little effort against the remaining infantry. As a result the Jaguars committed there were able to swing south and eliminate an attempt to reinforce with several platoons of Firefly’s. The western main road was taken and held at the cost of one Cheetah. one Panther (Recce) and a Rommel plus some of my boys were caught in several half-hearted barrages. The rest of the enemies attacking armour (Mostly Firefly’s) were caught at long range as they tried to manoeuvre on to the road from the south. This turned out to be the Canadians major effort here. Its destruction ended this engagement.

Of note on this day, we experimented with combat rearming of the Hubz; two aircraft were successful and returned on station after about 25 minutes. They were ready as the battle ended but this may prove useful in longer engagements or in a interdiction role. One other Hubz suffered minor damage from ground fire.

The Canadians seemed to have adopted the 17pdr gun now, as it’s main gun on all armour. As well a tank with 4 x 20mm guns was fielded, two were knocked out and at this time are being deployed to the rear and not with the main attacking body where they may have given my Hubz crews a hard time.

Making the KG for the attack on the Suez Canal was now our focus. Our orders had us hitting the Suez north of ISMAILIA with capturing two bridges, a pontoon (difficult) and a rail bridge as the primary objectives. The attack at this time was supposed to be in 3 days. Attached are the initial plans, however the final plan would hinge on what our recce flights and Special Forces bring back on the defences there.

Obersturmbannführer PanzerBob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 580407-Attack Plan A.jpg (126.8 KB, 135 views)

Old February 10th, 2008, 04:28 AM

First Lieutenant

Here's the close up map with inital concept of operations for this attack.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 580408-Attack Plan A 1.jpg (112.5 KB, 145 views)

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Captain

I tinkered a little with the turrets on some of my tanks, designed a Tiger III F (105mm gun mounted in a bulkier Tiger II B turret on an E-90/100 hull) and I designed a new Bergetiger III.

Get them from here: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...?Number=578341

Yes they are new, before you ask.

Posted here, for your use as Mobile Arty. Suppt. is the PzHaubitze Loewe (170mm). Mounted on the E-100 chasis and available in camo and desert schemes. At last some really big and manoueverable guns for you to play with.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 580569-PzHaubitze Loewe 170mm.rar (6.1 KB, 123 views)
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM

First Lieutenant

The Tiger III and especially SPG Loewe PzHaubitze are great, I'm hoping real life doesn't impede on my work on the my new OOB this weekend. Real life has been interfering with my hobbies all this week, DOH!!

Thanks Again.

Old February 14th, 2008, 11:19 PM

First Lieutenant

KG Griffin War Diary, 03 Nov 1945

Warfare being what it is, my three day deadline for the Suez Operation came and went. Allied counter-attacks north of our position, were more successful than planned for and the plan was delayed by the Allied attacks plus several sand storms.

This delay gave us the advantages of getting more exact intelligence on the defences on the canal and wearing down of enemy resources. This meant some change of tactics in the upcoming attack. With the delays We were able to preposition our start positions and rethink how to secure those two objectives.

The plan was now changed to have my quickest units formed into Fast Attack Group to hit the pontoon bridge before it could taken out or blown up. The other group my Heavy Attack Group would have the rail road bridge objective. Each group had one of our Hubz Gps and Div Recce units assigned to them, plus 8 barges and a 17cm Bn and 122mm Bn assigned in support.

Intelligence had the enemy in a wide zone around the Suez Canal. Aside from old defensive works the British Forces arrayed ahead of us appear to have adopted a mobile defensive posture.

Again an early morning assault was in order with wear and tear on my men and the machines war being a concern in the heat of the Sinai Desert.

We opened the operation with a combined smoke and HE barrage. Divsional Recce raced forward and within minutes of crossing into the Zone, and made initial contacts with Tommy tanks and infantry in positions as shown on the Map Graphic. Besides fire being reported from several Comets, new tanks were spotted and likely had taken out our first casualities, 2x armoured cars and a Panther G.

See attached Battle Graphic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 581264-Suez Battlefield1.jpg (175.8 KB, 136 views)