.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 5th, 2008, 07:14 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that allowed summons to bolster an other player's/indy province

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifone View Post
Gandalf: why massive negative temp on water nations? It's just a thematic thing of the cold oceans or you see some advantage in this? (The n00b in me always needs to learn )
Water nations' income underwater is not penalized by temp scale, but only underwater.

Still, means you pay less for those points.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimMorrison For This Useful Post:
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that allowed summons to bolster an other player's/indy province

Thanks. I like the theme of the water nations but still I almost never feel like playing them
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Yes, in water the water nations arent affected by temp scales. So you can set yourself up powerfully in the water with a major detriment to any land nations which try to push you out.

On the other hand, with land nations I often take a point in temp. In that case Im hoping to never fight within my own dominion but always be doing combat outside of it trying to push my territory further.

If I remember, with Dom2 I was able to get all 4's and a few 9's for bless affects. I would have to experiment with that again. That can be quite a boost in a small-map blitz game if you are determined to keep expanding beyond your dominion. Taking low dominion helps too to keep your candles from catching up to your front armies.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf Parker For This Useful Post:
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
If I remember, with Dom2 I was able to get all 4's and a few 9's for bless affects. I would have to experiment with that again. That can be quite a boost in a small-map blitz game if you are determined to keep expanding beyond your dominion. Taking low dominion helps too to keep your candles from catching up to your front armies.
Probably works best for a giant nation, where you are going to be far more resource limited than Holy limited, and you can rely on fewer, more powerful troops.

Also worth noting, with a garbage-scales-uber-bless strat, even more useful than low starting Dom, is not making a prophet, if you can get away with it. He'll often drop a single candle in every province he lands in, insuring that unless your opponent has an aggressive dominion, you will propagate your bad scales with little effort involved.
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

A prophetized Niefel Jarl with a really high bless and a forged weapon (ice sword is fine) is more powerful than almost any out-of-the-box SC Pretender. So, within 3 turns or so--providing you get a 500 gold event in the first 3 turns or so-1 Niefel Jarl can start taking independent provinces by itself.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:10 AM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Getting back to the subject of the thread:

Three Red Seconds can target enemy provinces.