Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Terrain types

Hi All
While discussing rough speeds I came across an interesting "fact". Apparently it was estimated that 10 percent of north west european terrain was accessable to tracked vehicles but not accessable to wheeled vehicles. I realise it isnt worth the bother and is no doubt impractile but maybe rough terrain can be 'split' into two types one accessable to wheeled vehicle one not? And again no doubt not possible but maybe 'clear' and 'road' etc type terrain movement speeds could vary rather than always being the same value for each particular type of hex. Using clear terrain as an example maybe some could be .5 and some could be 1.5 this would model ditches, fences etc. and may make the game a little more interesting as the time to get places wouldnt be so predictable.
Also (and without trying to reignite any debate) In the Rough speeds thread the Question was asked as to where Tarrif gets his Rough speeds from, I now have the answer.
Most of tarrifs cross country road speeds come from the Aberdeen Databooks published between 1942 and 1967. The blanks are filled in using popular authors such as Chaimberlain and Jentz.