.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I am one god damn idiot! I forgot to put battle orders against Cealum!
Note to self, when you think you forgot to do something, maybe you did.

Oh, well of course! All the damn troops retreat to a province with no damn supplies!

Sigh... the funny part is that this is not the worst thing that happened...

Wicked...
I think I got ***** slapped this turn.
Well, you killed my prophet Helsdoom this month. Sad that he almost made it through your blood slave chaff before the last Life for a Life took him.

Never mind, I will make a new prophet out of the Fomorian King I captured in the battle outside the walls of my capitol.

-- Caelum
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

Ladies and gentleman: gatestone has been removed from Faerun! Who's going to forge it first now?
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:07 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ All - I've had to add 24 hours to the deadline at my own request due to a family problem that has just occured this morning. The net result of which means I won't be at home again until tomorrow afternoon, so will have no chance to finish off my turn and send it in before today's hosting deadline.

Many apologies everyone for the delay. Although it appears that most players turns have yet to be sent in, so maybe a few are thankful of the extra time.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:08 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

I teporary give up Abysia to the guidance of Frozen Lama. All diplomacy correspondence should be adressed to him.
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I know the game has already been delayed, but I'm having problems entering my email.
I sent in the Forgeofgodhood turn and was about to send Faerun, but took a look at an email I just received from a friend, it was mylazysundays so I had to shut down everything, of course I'm plotting his assassination for this now, but I can't seem to enter my email account for the time being. So if you could add a few more hours to the clock? Please?
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM

BANNED USER

I've add 4 hours for you Executor. Will that be enough do you think? Just noticed your PM as well on the same issue. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier, for some reason I didn't get that new message box pop-up to notify me of it.
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:15 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Why don't you just get a quickie webmail account, Executor, and send the turn from there? You just need to include the name of the game for llamaserver to recognize it, and send it to turns (at) llamaserver.net

I occasionally post something useful.
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:24 AM

BANNED USER

@ All - I've had a PM from Executor, and he should hopefully be sorting his email problem out one way or the other within the next few hours. So the game should be hosting (with Fomoria's turn) before noon today (llamaserver time). Will keep you all informed if there are any changes to this.
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:26 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

OK, time for plan B.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Silverback studied the map. This would not do. The Abysians had proven to be truly intractable foes, digging into their fiery mountains and extracting a large price for each stone painfully dug from their grasp. Immense piles of smoldering undead littered the landscape and more demon bodies than Silverback cared to think about. The losses were far from one sided, and the Abysians seemed to be weakening but far too slowly. While the mighty Lankan armies bloodied their fists pounding burning rock men from their entrenched positions ominous dark clouds built on the far horizons.

Aggressive Fomorian war parties marched unchecked across the land, gobbling up nation after nation. Their size grew and grew, and soon the war mongers would dwarf the size of Lanka while wrapping a border half way around her lands. The rock men of Abysia possessed a wicked cunning on the battlefield, but in diplomatic arenas their geomorphic heritage showed and they seemed unable to understand the concept of a mutually beneficial peace. With his back against the rocks, Silverback chose not to wait for the hammer of Formoria to swing down.

Pouring through ancient tomes he searched for an answer. Night and day candles burned in the lab and servants tried desperately to not be one of the ones present when Silverback expressed his frustration. A steady stream of new servants were brought in as replacements, praying to stay out of sight. After an entire fortnight of the entire Lanka capital treading lightly a breakthrough was discovered and all breathed a little easier. Well, almost all.

From one end of Lanka to the other virgins were snatched from their families. Long trains of bound blood slaves trailed throughout the empire, all funneling into the Lanka capital. For months they streamed in, special paddocks were erected on the palace grounds and great troughs constructed to feed them. As the press of female flesh began to look like it might burst the dam of the paddock and flow out the palace like blood from a slit jugular, Silverback’s command was fulfilled. Fifty score virginal blood slaves were entranced and lined up in a grand queue wrapping around the palace. In one bloody night the blood of all of them flowed into a mighty work and something ancient was awakened. Something dark and terrible.

An ancient, nameless pretender god, the Pantokrator’s one time rival still thirsted for blood. The lifeforce of a thousand virgins sated her hunger for a time and in exchange she sent forth her acolytes to destroy the enemies of Lanka. Throughout the Fomorian lands burning meteors fell from the sky. Yet where they fell stood not a rock but a divine anti-angel broken free from the netherworld and come for blood. Scores fell from the sky across every corner of the Fomorian land, and where their shadow fell blood ran deep and red. Hot on their heels flocks of imps and demons blotted out the moon as they swooped to claw at the screaming and cowering giant peasants. On the single night that Fomorians now call the Night of Blood nearly half of the mighty Fomoria burned and the remainder stood in shock as the morning light revealed the bloodthirsty Dakini eying the remainder of the giant lands.