.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Sigh,
It's gonna take a lot of time to watch all the battles, 56 total this turn.
I guess the enemy offensive is slowing down, it was 57 battles last turn!
Well yeah, you killed that one guy...

Quote:
Bravo Calahan, it seems you've invested a bigger amount of gems than I have.

I don't know, Baalz, Calahan, was this a good turn or was it a bad turn for you?
Don't have the time to check my out right now...
I'm not sure, I'm at intermission - 47 fights on my end. Seems like I came out on top mostly. Looks like I lost several thug raiders, you lost more troops, SCs & mages.

I particularly like the fight where the Dakini very nearly won vs frozen heart spam by a combination of mistform, regen, lifedrain, blood vengeance, holy avenger & your druid for some reason deciding to freeze blood slaves. 3 druids with bodyguards vs 1 Dakini with no cold resistance and she killed 2 of them then ran away. She gets a medal!

Last edited by Baalz; August 20th, 2009 at 10:14 PM..
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Sorry Executor. I get impatient on these long-turn games. I realize you have a lot more going on than I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lingchih For This Useful Post:
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:13 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know, Baalz, Calahan, was this a good turn or was it a bad turn for you?
I'd definitely have to report in as bad. Had only one hero, or more accurately, Heroine, survive our clash. And your diseased mage done his intended job admirably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
... I get impatient on these long-turn games....
Ha Ha, looks like the Pangaean propaganda machine is starting to backfire

"Yes, get impatient Pangaea. Hear the word of Pangaea and feel despair. Leave this world Pangaea. You can not resist the will of Pangaea. Pangaea must flee now and leave this world to Pangaea."
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:34 PM

General

Well, I wasn't at war before, so it didn't really matter if the turn took a week. Now that I am in a real shooting war, my propaganda machine has backfired on me, and my leaders want to see if we won or if we need to run

I occasionally post something useful.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM

BANNED USER

@ All

I've had a 48 hour delay request from WingedDog. Even though he has already submitted a turn for Abysia, he has kindly asked for an extension as much of his turn needs to be re-thought and re-done, and he has no time available to do that within the next 24 hours or so (which is why he has asked for 48 hours rather than 24 hours)

It appears events for Abysia under the recent stewardship has not been kind to the Burning Ones, and many of their former directives are now no longer viable as a result. So they humbly seek extra time to consult with their wise council of Annointed's, so as to formulate a new Monkey culling agenda.
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:16 AM

BANNED USER

@ All

Ok, I'll start with a I totally forgot to upload my turn this morning before going into work, and some after work plans mean I won't be getting home at my usual time. Blame entirely goes on my cheap crappy alarm clock that decided that it was a good idea for me to have a lie in bed this morning. Why should it care if I go to work on time or not?!

Result is I'll need an extra 4 hours to make sure I get home in time to send my turn in before the deadline hits. Haven't sent my turn in earlier as I was holding it back so that the game didn't auto-host before WingedDog had submitted his revised Abysia turn. Could/should have just turned the auto-host off for this, but didn't want to spread any panic or alarm.

Apologies again for my lack of memory. I'll donate some more test subjects to the Fomorian Warrior Academy this turn as my punishment. Can't have those friendly giants going short of things to kill after all.
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

I have returned from my vacation to find my Empire in ruins. Can't blame Frozen Lama, as it is my fault I didn't give him the presice instructions.
Anyway, Abysia isn't a competive nation anymore, and perhabs it is for the best, as I have time problems recently. I have already placed a sub announcement.
I'm still able to provide delays for 'Art of War' and play 'YARG', since 20-30 minutes I need to complete my turn there are much easier to find comparing to 5-8 hours I need for a propper turn in 'Legends' (mostly becouse of cunning wit of my opponent).
I'd like to thenk everybody for the game I enjoyed, especially Baalz. Hope to meet you in the future battles.
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM

General

Man, that's a shame. Another nation gone. It only goes to show the eventual rule of Pangaea. though.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Caelum's celebrations over our successful expulsion of the majority of Fomorians from our lands were cut short when we discovered that the giants had been caught with thier pants down.

It appears the Fomorian troops had not received any orders from above last month, so instead of regrouping and marching off into battle, they instead visited the many fine establishments of boozing, gambling, and whoring that can be found in the exciting countryside of Caelum. They were completely unprepared for our assault.

Is there any news from their fearless leader?
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Indeed WingedDog, you were a most worthwhile opponent.

So, I understand Executor is getting a sub for Fomoria, but it's uncertain if this is a permanent position. WingedDog will, I think, unfortunately have a hard time finding a sub. If these two nations go AI we're left with the following major nations being played:

Lanka
Agartha
Ulm
Helheim
Arga Dis
Pangaea
TC

So, I wanted to see how you guys were feeling. Ulm staled this last turn and I get the feeling there is maybe a general loosing of steam. So, I just wanted to poll the general feeling among the rest of the players, do we forge on with the Legend?