.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Help on controlling the AI please

Some help advice on controlling the AI please as new to this part of the game, read a few posts could find on currently doing the following.

Example of setting up a game where the human is attacking or assaulting.

Buy AI units set to defend buy any fortifications units you want dug in
Move battle type slider to meeting or delay any further units buy for the AI will not be dug in (also player troops wont be dug in if have not bought)
Deploy units
Now 2 options for defending AI to get some troops to attack
A) Save game as delay or defend & set reaction time for units that you want to move (plus waypoints if needed because they will still stay still)
B) Save game as meeting any units with reaction of 99 will move at start for others set reaction time for when you want them to move

Setting up a game where AI is attacking assaulting or meeting

All 99 reaction units will move at start if want to delay some set there reaction time to that turn

Once set up AI side playing with it as human setting all except HQ to computer control to see what they do but can you explain the following please. Just give number & yes no for answer perhaps with explanation if I am being thick.
Main things I am after is getting some units to counter attack when AI defends delays.

1) Reaction turn is when moves 99 the default is I think a special case as follows.
Meeting or advance unit moves at start.
Defending unit does not move but like a normal game will eventually go after lost flags so long as worth more than 10 points

2) Mucking about with battle type slider will not muck up 99 reaction time setting they will use the battle setting when save the scenario as in defenders stay put otherwise move.

3) If attacking & I want some units not to move at start but wait a few turns just set there reaction to say 3 & they will start moving on turn 3

4) Similar if attacking but do not want a unit to move as in attack on one front but have say flank or ATGMs hold position again adjust reaction time to when free to move (just longer)

5) Defending if I want some units to attack again set reaction time to when they move out.
Will they move or as defending will they just sit there.

6) Same as 5 but if I then give them waypoints will they move if not how do you get them to.
Is setting battle type to meeting when save the easist way

7) On waypoints they should be set so units generally move over 2 if want them to move fast any further apart can miss some

8) If want unit to move slowly should set to move over 3 will stop at the 3rd one

9)I read in a post or guide Plasma Krabs I think for waypoints to work need a reaction time of zero is that correct

If yes to 9 following questions.

10) If I do not want units to move till later but want to use waypoints will they stay stationary for every 3 waypoints placed in there hex so if placed 9 in the hex it would not start moving till turn 4.
Option B place 3 in adjacent hex so only moves 1 hex a turn. Does placing more than 3 waypoints in a hex do anything.

11) On 10 would setting them as reinforcements work better

12) Reinforcements if use waypoints still set reaction time to zero

13) Attack helos as reinforcements in an AI defend delay if I set reaction turn to arrival turn will they move/attack.
Really the question is how when AI defends how do I set helos to attack but say from turn 4 as waypoints for helos not sensible.

Thanks for your time & hope that made some sense
John