This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th, 2000, 06:28 AM

Sergeant

jars_u is on a distinguished road
Default If you ask many stupid questions...

...they will come. Ok, whoever is listening and has answers I have many questions:

1. Fighter Bays: each bay can launch 1 fighter per turn? So when you say launch fighters in Groups of 5, total number of fighters launched = 5/fighter bays as long as you have fighters remaning?

2. Fighter movement: I noticed no matter how many engines you have in the design if you launch fighters in Groups they can only move 1 "square" in the tactical map, is this correct?

3. (There was a question here but I figured that one out )

4. In the tactical map how do you turn off the "lead ship" so then when you move that particualr ships all the others in the fleet do not try to follow it?

5. Are point defense weapons only useful aganist fighters, and shoot automatically? Also does the (multiple target tracker) allow point weapons to shoot at more then one group of fighters?

6. When you have cargo mods in a colony ship and you use the create colony command do you still have to load cargo to get the EXTRA population?

7. I noticed in the "?" menu the Small Rocket Pods have a Rate of Fire listed as 30, is this a typo? As most of the other weapons are 1-3.

8. Do certain ship components result in cumulative totals? i.e. If I but 3 level 1 combat sensors on a ship do I get a 60% when targeting enemies?

Anyway... as you can see I have been spending a lot of time playing the demo, I hope the new demo that is suppose to come out Monday has more stuff (and a longer turn limit). Also was playing one game and found a black hole that crushed a buch of my ships till I figured out how to get around it. It was great! In a way anyway.

jars_u