.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old February 16th, 2005, 01:49 AM

First Lieutenant

The_Tauren13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM game: Song of the Blade (open)

I vote random nations, random themes, and 1 water nation would be ok as long as we dont have both.
Old February 16th, 2005, 05:06 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

Quantum Mechani => We currently only use the Pretenders mod, but I have no objection against the Spells and Scales mods.

Two votes for random themes, two votes against; two votes against water nations, one vote for them. Anybody would like an increase in price of the Soul Contracts? If so, by how much?
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:18 AM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anybody would like an increase in price of the Soul Contracts?
We are playing very hard research on a small map. Will there really be enough time to really get a huge amount of soul contracts (or vampire lords or whatever) going? But I won't object if everyone else wants to bump the price.
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

We had a NAP, Alneyan. Only you withdrew from it. He who sows the wind ...

I'm against random themes, wouldn't like to be forced to play i.e. Ashen Empire or vanilla Ulm
Yea for random nations, of course
I've no opinion on water races
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Corporal

Azhur is on a distinguished road

If there is still a place available, I'd like to join in. Oh and do I have to download those mods from somewhere or will they be automatically uploaded by the server?
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:45 PM

General

On Soul Contracts => They require little research to use (Construction 2 or Construction 4; let's say Construction 4 for the Hammers), so they would not be too difficult to get. On the other hand, blood nations will likely be more interesting in summoning the uniques. On yet another hand (I am a Nataraja, didn't you know?), Soul Contracts would seem to qualify as hoarding items, and so should be weakened as well. Perhaps Death 3 or even Death 4 would be in good order?

Blofeld, you were the one who broke our NAP. See, my Astrologers cast themselves in the future, and had visions of Arcoscephale slaughter by your hordes. You therefore broke the spirit of the NAP (by wishing to destroy Arcoscephale), and we had to defend ourselves against your incoming invasion. Any claim that our breaking the NAP triggered your attack will be dismissed as being treacherous and anti-patriotic.

It looks like we are heading for "no random themes". There remains one question I forgot to ask however: do you want scores on, off, or something in between? For example, I could send the score file every three turns, and/or send the score files with a delay of a few turns (so you would get the scores for turn 2 on turn 5). Since I am playing in this game, I cannot make this information more vague however.
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

Water nations - No, if we are doing Inland. The four water provinces is not really enough to recruit your national mages and national troops as much as you may want in the mid-game. Don't forget that you can't recruit ambiphious troops in a land castle, other than that special weak infantry guy from R'lyeh shore provinces. I have never seen a water race do anything decent on the map Inland.

Soul Contracts - They are fine as is. With the horror mark they give, it can be problematic making them work well as there is a chance every turn that you may lose it. Also, on a fast map like Inland, you would be far better off getting the devils now instead of later. By the time the soul contracts begin to work for you, you may have already lost your capitol.

Zens Mods - Yes for pretenders. It might be best to avoid the spell mods since we have some newbies signed up for the game, though I don't really care either way.

I am kind of hoping I get Caelum so I can check out the Return of the Raptors theme! hehe

Panther
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road

I am in favor of graphs off with NO information provided other than what your own scouts report.
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:54 PM

General

Welcome aboard Azhur! There is still one spot available, so you are in. We now have a full house, though Quantum Mechanic may join in if he wishes (we will be eleven if he joins, a nice figure).

You will have to download at least one mod (Zen Pretenders), and any other Zen mod we use. I will give a bit more information on that mod as soon as I am done updating the first post in the thread. Another mod will be sent in a mail (the home-brewn one for hoarding items). All the mods should be enabled while creating your Pretender: it is necessary while using a mod altering the Pretenders, and *may* be needed for the other mods (it will not hurt at any rate).
Old February 16th, 2005, 01:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road

I'd vote for Zen's spell mod, but like most of the options I don't feel that strongly about it.

Score graphs off sounds good. I'd say the element of the unknown makes the game more exciting.

Alneyan, should I PM (or otherwise send to you) my email? Also, you mention three email addresses in the first post but I only see the "message received one". Apologies in advance if I missed the other two.

One last thing. Random nations could very well mean a lot of us get nations we are not very familiar with. Which is great, but hopefully there will be a little extra time to test a pretender build before we start the game?