.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old June 16th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Corporal

RibbonBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM game: The first step (Open)

You attacked because you see building a watch tower dangerus?
You where the one who had giants stationed on my border for 5+turns. I need to protect my mage recruiment areas. Also enforcer I pmed you, cause your email thingy glitched on me and would not let me add my name to your list after I emailed you.
Aparntly you did not get my pm cause your name is En Forcer not Enforcer as it said on the 1st page
Old June 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agrajag said:
I attacked because I see building a watch tower on my borders as an act of aggression.
And besides, I don't really mind being wiped out early, at least that way I'll die before the game reaches the level of such a late game that I won't know what to do (I often find myself, at the really advanced levels of the game, like turns 130+, not knowing what to do. Victory is in my hand - I have much more provinces, research, magic gems, financial wealth etc. and yet I don't know what to do to win).
The answer is: Ghost Riders to infinity

Then just clean up whats left with your SCs and whatnot
Old June 16th, 2005, 04:53 PM

Sergeant

sushiboat is on a distinguished road

Turn 25

The province tally is: Machaka 27, Ermor 26, Marignon 16, Jotunheim 14, Pangaea 13, Man 12, Pythium 12, and Arcosephale 12. Arco, Marignon, and Machaka found gems. Ermor employs Dagan and Victor's Villains. Magnus's Crossbows are open for bidding.
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:12 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road

Turn 25

Wars are breaking out. Good thing I've been stocking up on troops and my empire is pretty much worthless, that should keep me safe for a while.

I killed one of Machaka's hall of famers. Only fair as Machaka killed one of mine.
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Corporal

En Forcer is on a distinguished road

Ribbon-

Weird. This is the only board where I can actually put the space between En & Forcer. Everywhere else I'm using an underscore or no space at all.

Shoot me an email. I still get messages, the spam filter doesn't delete your email, it just holds your email in a separate folder till I log in.

If you are still getting bounced try my yahoo email, masterofnations@yahoo.com

Talk to ya!

-ef
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

War - definition. What constitutes war in Dom 2, in your opinions related to MP? That's what I'm having the most "fun" with, when playing MP. I mean, in SP it's always war. But in MP, if I take 1 little itty bitty province from somebody else, is it total retaliation time, or do people just start saying, "Hey, cut that out or else!".

That's why the other game about No Diplomacy looks interesting. Because it's all about no communication at all.

Gotta love Dom 2.

(edited for sp errors)
Old June 16th, 2005, 08:13 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I have given you a more... relevant answer in my mail, as appropriate to our situation.

I believe taking provinces without warning will fall under the heading of war for most players, and will result in immediate retaliation (if you do have something to strike back at 'em, of course). Some players may wish to ask you if you really meant that before sending in the cavalry, or they can offer a bargain if they don't feel like waging a war, but others will simply jump on the opportunity to fight you: who is to say you won't go on with your attack, after all? It does not apply to chance battles, when two armies attack the same indy province on the same turn, as in this case neither party really wanted to trigger the fight... though there can always be fishy occassions, where an enemy task force just happened to target the same province as your lonely Pretender, and was oddly very well equipped to take down said Pretender.

Another such situation would be if you happened to cast one of those nasty enchantments, mainly Utterdark and Burden of Time: those are plain annoying, and will result in you being declared the Bad Boy, with armies knocking at your doors before soon. I am personally find with virtually everything else, included having armies and forts on my borders: I can watch them if they are close to me, after all, and with all the teleportation going on, it will not be possible to keep safe borders anyway (not to mention flyers and stealthy troops).
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:03 PM

Corporal

RibbonBlue is on a distinguished road

And, all my provinces but one or two are bordering a nother nation, so there is a good chance a fort is gunna be bordering another nation.
Old June 17th, 2005, 05:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Well, my giants were parked in that province because your longbowmen were placed in the bordering province as well. And after seeing your watch tower, I too began construction on a fortification, which meant my troops had to stay in that province.
Old June 17th, 2005, 12:25 PM

Corporal

En Forcer is on a distinguished road

Which then burned down, fell over, and sank into the swamp. But the THIRD castle....

-ef