This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 31st, 2006, 01:00 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stargate SG1 - Season 9

Well BSG starts again in October, so maybe that's when everything starts again.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
I hate to say it guys but I think they have finally runined this show. Not because they brought Ben Bowder onboard but because they have turned Amdanda Tapping into a sex symbol and have embarked upon the cheap road to "redesigning the show." Now don't get me wrong, the new character additions are cool, but turning Amanda Tapping into a sexy military chick is totally against her established character and is mostly playing hollywood politics.

I cannot help but feel as though the show has taken on the cheap fast paced, story weak, cheap special effects that the sci-fi show is natorious for.

Regardless, I will still watch and enjoy.
Well I am proud to say that I was wrong. They did a really good job with this season of SG1. I really enjoyed each episode. Job well done.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Saw the Season 9 finale last week...I hate it when they leave you hanging! Does anyone know when Season 10 is set to air?
According to the show news, a new season of both SG1 and SGA start this summer.
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:06 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be as soon as this summer in Canada After all, we just finished Season 9 last week.

Oh well, I can wait till this fall as long as I get another season. I can seriously see this show continuing for quite a few more seasons as long as the stories continue to be strong, and the cast well suited to their roles.

(((Stargate, my favorite show)))

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old March 31st, 2006, 10:46 AM

Sergeant

wilhil is on a distinguished road

I just have to say a few things...

stargate sg1 and tlantis is my favourite show on tv at the moment and I own All dvds that are currently out, watched every episode multiple times, I love the show so much!

Anyway, I think the new direction for the show is interesting, you simply can not have one enemy and one cast for almost 10 years now, What they are doing is brilliant!

Atrocities, from one of your earlier posts, where you said about RDA being tired of the show, that was not true, for the past 3-4 series, he has simply had a reduced role because he wanted to spend more time with his family, and he is back in several episodes of series 10 ( www.gateworld.net )

Anyway, just wanted to say, I really like the show, and frankly it would be boring if they did not experiment and try new things! I love it!

lastly, the reason I posted this is because I am a member of so many diffrent forums, but whenever I see a bad comment in a thread about SG1, I just feel like I should say, not everyone hates it! Frankly they are having their 200th episode this season... they must be doing something right! there has always been people saying I hate this, I hate that since series 1, yet it lives on!
Old March 31st, 2006, 11:20 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I don't know where I read that RDA had grown tired of the show, I think I watched an interview with him in it and he said he was ready for a break. Any ways, I am glad that he is coming back in some small part and will even be gracing SGA.

Now to the rumor mill that they will be killing off a Major character by mid season 10. Any bets on who it will be? My vote is on Dr. Jackson, second would be Carter.
Old March 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM

Corporal

Wenin is on a distinguished road

I don't follow the rumor mill, but my first bet would be Carter.
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

What? Is there some sort of wild west "Aint room in this galaxy for TWO hot female main characters?"
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:02 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

They'd better not kill off Carter!

Same with Teal'c, he's got some awesome lines and delivers them perfectly.

Daniel: It’s not meant to be taken literally, but we have seen a lot of legends and folklore have a strong basis in fact - Avalon, Atlantis…
Teal’c: The Easter Bunny.
Daniel, Mitchell pause, look strangely at Teal'c.
Daniel: I guess there’s a few exceptions.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )