This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Stargate SG1 - Season 9

I hate to say it guys but I think they have finally runined this show. Not because they brought Ben Bowder onboard but because they have turned Amdanda Tapping into a sex symbol and have embarked upon the cheap road to "redesigning the show." Now don't get me wrong, the new character additions are cool, but turning Amanda Tapping into a sexy military chick is totally against her established character and is mostly playing hollywood politics.

I cannot help but feel as though the show has taken on the cheap fast paced, story weak, cheap special effects that the sci-fi show is natorious for.

Regardless, I will still watch and enjoy.
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stargate SG1 - Season 9

You mean...Stargate is actually having a season 9?? I thought they were done after Season 8!?!?

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

IIRC, it was only Richard Dean Anderson that said Season 8 was his last. And since he's lead actor, and Executive Producer, it was kinda assumed that the show would die. But, it seems SciFi makes too much money off the two shows, so they march on...

Nice to see Ben Browder getting back into the limelight though. I might have to start watching at least a little TV now... he was great on Farscape. And it seems Claudia Black is making a short run on the show as well.
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Sergeant

Wolfman77 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like they are done, or at least on the downhill. Richard Dean Anderson WAS the show, and with him in alot less I don't think the rest of the cast can make up for what he brought to the show. Although Michael Shanks seem to be getting Richard's line. I agree though about Amanda's new role, it just doesn't fit right. I suppose they could have her retire and stay on as a civillian. that would open up the romance avenue, but I think that would create more problems. Unfortunatly it looks like this could be the last season. Have to see if Atlantis gets better. I'm still not sure if I like that one yet.
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Richard Dean Anderson was pretty much tired of the show after four seasons. He has been lack luster in his appearances since then and if you saw the shoot schedules for the show you would see that most of his stuff is done around his personal schedule and that more often than not does not include the other cast members.

If Ben and Bridges can bring new life into the show then that is fine with me. I am just ticked about them turning Amanda Tapping from scientist to sex symbol. Oh don't get me wrong, she is an attractive women, but changing her character so late in the game is nothing more than a Seven Of Nine Hollywood political sexist tactic.
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
I am just ticked about them turning Amanda Tapping from scientist to sex symbol. Oh don't get me wrong, she is an attractive women, but changing her character so late in the game is nothing more than a Seven Of Nine Hollywood political sexist tactic.
Seconded! I'm looking forward to it to be honest, It won't be the same SG1 we know and love without RDA, but after watching Farscape i'm impressed by Ben Bowder and his character concept sounds good! When I say concept I mean the fact he's just a generic soldier with no alien/weird/kewl powers.

As for Amanda Tapping turning into a "sex-symbol" point i Have to agree with your views. But considering the long drawn out Jack/Carter relationship, and the fact he's technically a civillian now, hopefully means they get together and they don't have Carter turning into a female "Captain Kirk"
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:02 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Just noticed a little cake with candles on it...happy birthday Will!

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:12 PM

Major

douglas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Happy *21st* Birthday! If the celebration involves your first legal beer, don't overdo it.
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM

Sergeant

EvilGenius4ABetterTomorro is on a distinguished road

I think the term is "Jumped The Shark". Referring to when Fonzi on "Happy Days" was water skiing and had to jump a shark to complete a competition. In other words, the pivotal moment in a show when it all goes downhill. Go to www.jumptheshark.com for those great moments in your favorite shows. I'll still watch though. I started watching SG1 about a year ago and have some backward catching up to do. SG Atlantis is pretty good too.
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:30 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

Quote:
douglas said:
Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Happy *21st* Birthday! If the celebration involves your first legal beer, don't overdo it.
Thanks to both of you. First legal beer is probably true, although it will probably be something a bit harder... I've developed a tolerence over the last few years of college

But don't worry, I won't overdo it. I'll be holding back for a while since I have to do a few 8-5 shifts in the next few days, and I have a big group assignment due which most likely will involve me doing the project, and the rest of my group saying something like "oh, that's how it works..."

So that unfortunately means the 21st celebration is postponed to... sometime around mid- to late-August. I just look at it as a way to combine belated birthday celebrations and moving parties.

(/hijack)