.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM

First Lieutenant

johnarryn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn 41

None should be surprised that Helheim would support Caelum... after all, Helheim engaged in an unprovoked war on the people of Vanheim, and only through the righteousness of our cause did we prevail.

Indeed, we have mighty warriors... yet Caelum's magical might is greater, as his very words can attest... aiding Caelum is a sure recipe for disaster in the end.
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Corporal

Atreides is on a distinguished road

While Caelum must stomach the political machinations of Vanheim in these hallowed halls, we will not allow their hypocrisy to go unnoticed. Long are our memories, and long ago we remember the first war that came to this land. My scouts hovered over the battlefield while the Vans stormed Sauromatia and the ramparts ran red with the fallen of the amazon tribes. I would pose the question: "In what manner were these actions in line with your desire to be left alone?" You accuse me of expansionism in a war against Mictlan, yet Mictlan remains silent. You claim this war is to serve my people and to increase our territory, yet I have made it clear to Helheim that I will liberate his lands, not claim them for myself. Furthermore, I have granted the nation of Niefelheim asylum within my nation and established a small fief for them to rule, until such time that their lands can be liberated as well. These are not the actions of a conquerer, Caelum seeks to maintain the balance. And as for the hateful accusation that Caelum has made demands of other nations, one must simply read my formal declaration again to see that the accusation is baseless and without merit. Seldom are words such as "ask" "request" and "welcome" used when one nation makes demands of another. No matter how skilled a politician Enawardia of Vanheim might be, I fervently hope my fellow nations can see through the lies and deceit of this threat that can divide and destroy us. I mean to prove my words with action, and my forces will fight the powerful Vanir, and we will fall without aid, but we will fall with honor and the hope that others will avenge us.
Old June 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

It is true that Caelum attacked Mictlan and may also be true that Helheim attacked Vanheim, though that was probably only a matter of attacking before Vanheim inevitably attacked them. Still, it is a bit too much to allow Vanheim's hypocrisy to go unchallenged. As Caelum points out, Vanheim's attack on Sauromatia undercuts his claim to moral superiority. But nations don't act on morality but practicality.

Practically speaking, if Vanheim defeats Helheim and Caelum the rest of the great powers are lost. If they think they will build their strength and be ready to face Vanheim then, they are fools. If you unite and defeat Vanheim you may strengthen Caelum and create a new threat but if you do nothing and let Caelum fall you are certainly lost. It seems better to gamble on a win than accept a certain loss.

I would also add, in the event that R'lyeh is charged with being a Caelian lackey, that I have had no contact with Caelum and thought they were in the wrong in attacking Mictlan.

Having said that, R'lyeh now prepares for destruction as gold and gems will certainly be sent by Vanheim to Oceania.
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:55 AM

First Lieutenant

Sorry for the delay everyone... its a combination of me being busy and a few stray turns needing to be collected... we should be moving again soon.
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Default Turn 43

Turn 43 out. Please try to get your turns in by 8 pm on Friday, June 28th.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:21 AM

First Lieutenant

Default Turn 44 out

Turn 44 out.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:26 AM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Turn 44 out

The nation of Vanheim will present one last warning to the assembled gods of our world: You must unite against Caelum, or you will fall. Already our forces have engaged the Queens of Air who fight at Caelum's command and who are armed with the finest weapons able to be forged by mortals. Our troops have fallen to the might of The Aegis and The Summit...

We have spotted Tartarians among the Caelian troops, and Kings of Fire. Against all this might we have only the skill of our troops who, though they may be the finest infantry in all the land, are hard pressed. With the full magical might of Conjuration and Construction at their fingertips, the Caelian generals will have difficulty failing to conquer all the land unless they are stopped by the combined might of the other nations. Caelum may seek to poison your minds with words against us, and indeed Vanheim is not without self-interest in this war. But should we fall the rest of the world will fall to ruins with us. Will you allow this to happen? You must decide your fate quickly.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:30 AM

Corporal

I believe the lord of Vanheim may be suffering from quite the terrible head wound, as he has twice referred to his own nation as that of a nation his forces are currently subjugating. Can we possibly trust the words of such a madman?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:38 AM

First Lieutenant

Surely the Caelian diplomats must be desperate to attempt such trickery. What madness do they speak of?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:51 AM

Corporal

Because I feel that everyone should enjoy this joke as much as I did, or maybe the fact that its 3 AM, johnarryn had originally referred to his nation twice in the above post as Helheim rather than Vanheim. Thus the edit.