This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 24th, 2004, 12:58 AM

Sergeant

Kevin Arisa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE3 shipsets

Here is my attempt at a race description. I figured I would try something a little odd for them.

Sethulkra Regime
Aggressive Artisans
Lord Aventhass
Ice Methane

Biological Discription

An average Sethulkra is approxamatly 1.5 meters in length. They are usually of a sandy brown coloration but have been known to have slight variations in hue. Thier eyes are a deep golden yellow and are capable of pointing in two directions at once. Sethulkra lack a solid skeletal system, their form is held in place by complex placements of cartilage. Sethulkra bodies have very few organs in them but the ones they have are heavily reinforced with cartilage. The most heavily guarded is a peculiar ring shaped organ that allows them to hover up to a meter above the ground by bending a small amount of gravitons around itself. Instead of teeth, Sethulkra have a plate of cartilage that protrudes from their upper jaw which they use to sever their diet of small and long nvertabrates. Another distinguishing feature are the tentacles. These are very sensitive, and can even detect the thoughts of other Sethulkra from a single touch.

Society Description

Sethulkra society is very rich one where art is the most important of all things. Their art is centered around genetic manipulations that they deem as the true form of self expression. They are always looking for their new subjects for their art which when finished they then place in stasis in their great art halls for all to see. Their government is ruled by a lord who has proven himself in a match of skill with other contestants. These matches take place every 30 years or when the current lord dies. In such a match the contestants take places in manipulation cahambers and try to kill each other by altering the vital functions of the other candidates while trying to repair lethal alterations to themselves. These matches can go on for days. The Last candidate alive is named ruler and lord of all Sethulkra. This is never disputed for none would dare to defy the victor of the match. Sethulkra have no respect for other races for they see them only as objects for their biological art. Modifying a sentient species is considered the highest form of art possible. Pairing that with their mastery of biological manipulations makes them a horribly dangerous species.

General History

The Sethulkra have had a history of war ever since they met thier first alien race. Their total lack of respect for alien life has given them the label of a race of monsters. For generations Sethulkra have been abducting alien species by the millions all to fuel their unending desire for new artforms. The word about this dangerous race has not reached very far, for all species that know them are engaged in desperate combat or are horribly mutated and frozen in stasis in their art halls. The Sethulkra have sent colony ships into the far reaches of the galaxy for the sole purpose of seeking out new forms of life for their twisted art.

A- Se GdY $- Fr! C- Css Sf+++ Ai Au M++ Mp* S++ Ss+++ RV Pw Fq Nd Rp+ MM+ G Bb L- Tcp+
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:06 AM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

Ooh, I like it... ooh, looky, they're artists...
EVIL artists from HELL!

[ April 24, 2004, 01:07: Message edited by: Ed Kolis ]
Old April 24th, 2004, 07:35 PM

Major

Andrés is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Kevin. I'm sending you the promised shipset and pictures.
Though I think the descriptions still need a little polishing. For example they do have teeth in the picture.

There are still a couple of missing pictures and the old pseudo3d Version is used as placeholder. The whole shipset should be finished next week.

Phoenix, I was goning to send you the model of one of the ships to try, but I don't seem to have your email here.

[ April 24, 2004, 18:38: Message edited by: Andres ]
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:37 PM

Sergeant

Kevin Arisa is on a distinguished road

Wow, thanks Andres! I didn't even notice there was a reward being offered. I couldn't see the teeth until I looked just now. How did I miss that? Oh well.

A- Se GdY $- Fr! C- Css Sf+++ Ai Au M++ Mp* S++ Ss+++ RV Pw Fq Nd Rp+ MM+ G Bb L- Tcp+
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:43 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

send em to phoenixd@cox.net

(and to the plain-test people: this thing is a spam bait account)

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:44 AM

Major

You can download the old SE3 conVersions I had requested on the first post of this thread at:

http://kdy.spaceempires.net/races/se3styles.zip
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:00 PM

First Lieutenant

trooper is on a distinguished road

Recorded in the racedir, thanks.
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Kamog is on a distinguished road

The race picture...

I was just browsing around the site that Atrocities posted, looking at the various paintings by H.R. Giger.
http://www.fred-katrin.de
Beautifully painted... very weird and dark, shocking pictures. I think I'm going to have nightmares. Giger is very talented but I wonder if he's completely sane...
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:43 PM

Major

The shipset is almost finished.
All modelling is done, only remains too retouch the descriptions, add some AI and pack it for upload.
I've lost hope on having a good new AI, so where do you recommend I copy AI files from? Any good organic AI out there?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Aquilaeians are a good organic race AI IIRC. United Floral are also good, but are organic and religious.

So what is the next set you will be converting?

[ May 03, 2004, 18:57: Message edited by: Imperator Fyron ]
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.