Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old November 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Private

gabeeg is on a distinguished road
Default Willy Meter....for Newbs

I have a feature request. I believe it was Steel Panthers III that had the "Willy Meter", where units would have a '*' next to readiness if the unit became visible by another unseen enemy unit. It would be a neat training feature to see this in WinSPWW2 as a Newb preference (that can be turned off or on). It would be excellent for training...it is still one of those things I still do not have a firm handle on after a dozen PBEM games. Obviously it could be used as a cheat so maybe if only one player is using the feature it would pop a warning for the other player.

Currently the best way I have found to see how and when a units of varying sizes and types become visible in different terrain and visibility settings is to play myself with both sides set to Human and run tests.
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willy Meter....for Newbs

Steel Panthers 3.

As with most other SP3 "features" - these will not be happening in our version of the game. We deliberately chose the SP2 code base over SP3 for a reason. SP3 really was the "Windows Vista" version of the series.

Learn by doing, as with any other real-world soldier. If you get shot at by direct fire, then they have spotted you. If he drops indirect fire on you, then maybe he knows you are there. Its why troops do field training exercises, after all - in order to learn the trade. As your experience grows, then you will get a feel for what is what - just like a real squaddie.

Andy