.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV > Space Empires: IV Classic Threads (Newbie FAQS)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th, 2002, 10:46 PM

Private

Visigoth is on a distinguished road
Default SE4Gold game save bug?

I'm seeing thousands of small files written to the Savegame directory whenever I save a game, and when my SE4G game got to a couple hundred turns saves started taking at least 2 minutes to complete. With autosave enabled this makes the game unplayable. For a game named 'V1', the gamefile itself is of course 'V1.gam', but the added files all have the form 'v1_osav0_osav0_osav1_osav3_plr_1_events.txt'; similar pattern for thousands of .cmb files too. If I delete all such files, they all get written again the next time I do a save.

Many similarly named files are written for the various autosave slots, too, with of course 'autosavX' prefix (X in 0..9). Disabling autosave of course prevents this from delaying game turns, but I really want to leave autosave on...

I see no option controlling this behavior, and never encountered this with the original SE4 in any of its patchlevels. Environment is Win2k, Athlon 700. My SE4G Version reports as "1.60 Gold".

Anybody else see this? I have a support request in to MM but wondered if this issue wasn't unique... (kinda looks like a debugging output feature that made it into release build!)