.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

Okay, in fact we won't need a special mod for this game. The mods will be (I believe, it's Amhazair's say after all):

CBM 1.84
Holy War: Lesser Edition
Expanded Nations Pack 2
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:19 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun. Anonymous LA game for (rather) experienced players (Recruiting)

But, but wait a sec. If ENP is used then can we choose mod nations from it?- I was working under the assumption that only the 2 mod nations Amhazair suggested were available.
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:16 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

No, only the ones Amhazair listed - I'm only suggesting using the pack because it's convenient and the fact that it includes stuff we're not using does no harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to llamabeast For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:09 AM

Private

Sasooli is on a distinguished road

Ok, nation assignments are done. I've PM'ed Damiz and am sending out the individual notices now - flood control on PMs is a bit of a ***** when you have 20 messages to send!

Everyone has one of their first two nation picks, which I think counts as success.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sasooli For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:41 AM

Private

Sasooli is on a distinguished road

Ok I have to go out for a bit, but I'll send the last few nation picks when I get back in a couple of hours.
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

Well... Having looked at the holy war mod again, I like it even less than before. If it's not too late to sign out, I'd like to do so.

If that will cause you guys to waste time looking for another player, I can stay tho.
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooBliss View Post
Well... Having looked at the holy war mod again, I like it even less than before. If it's not too late to sign out, I'd like to do so.

If that will cause you guys to waste time looking for another player, I can stay tho.
I can't say I'm too fond of the Holy Wars mod either, or if I'm honest, the changes CBM 1.8+ has made (to 1.6). But I promised myself I'd try one game with CBM 1.8+ to see if I liked it, mainly out of loyalty, with this game being that one game. So right now I'm just viewing Holy Wars in the same way, with this game being the one test it gets.

Although if there is a 11th hour vote to remove Holy Wars, then I would raise my hand in favour. (although that's probably unlikely now that the nations are decided)

@ Dimaz/Sasooli - Can on of you please post the final list of nations, as I need to know what nations are in the game to arrange the map. Although just saying "No Marignon, R'yleh or Atlantis" or "Just R'yleh" will also be good enough if you don't want to give out the full list for whatever reason.

And Re: Atlantis and coastal start.
I think they get priority for a coastal start if one is available, but unlike water nations or LA Marignon, the game won't crash if there isn't one available. Or at least that was my understanding for the Prep2 game, where LA Marignon needed to be given a special neighbouring water province.
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:50 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

how much time do we have to test builds?

Oh and when creating pretenders should we be careful re. order of enabling mods?- as in CBM 1.84,Holy War: Lesser Edition and last - Expanded Nations Pack 2
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM

Re mod load order: If you are playing a mod nation then CBM needs to be loaded before the mod nation. Otherwise it doesn't matter.
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:02 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
how much time do we have to test builds?
WL, for testing you get 3 minutes starting....now!

Although speaking of testing, can I please ask everyone who is testing to use the attached map. It's not the final version for the game, as it has no fixed starts. But I have hopefully fixed the few remaining connection and terrain tag errors it had.

And if anyone spots an error can they please post it (or PM me). Or even if you think something might be an error, please also report it. As I'd happily have dozens of false error reports if it means also netting the one that fixes a bug. As it's rare one person can find all the bugs, as I find if you don't spot an error straight away, then you become blind to it forever after. And since map bugs can't really be fixed once the game is running, it's now during the pre-game stage that they need to be spotted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Riverlands V.1.2.zip (574.4 KB, 82 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Calahan For This Useful Post: