The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old June 11th, 2007, 04:08 AM

Corporal

Slaughtermeyer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GOP CONGRESSMAN SEES THE LIGHT!!!

Quote:
geoschmo said:
Truthfully I didn't pay much attention to this thread after my post so I just noticed yoru reply. What's outrageous is this New York Magazine article you link too came out a full year after the Popular Mechanics Aritcle, but they are giving quotes from Dr. Saunders from early in the investigation before all the facts were in.
Dr. Sunder made those comments on Jan. 18 2006, well after the lame Popular Mechanics attempt to explain the collapse of WTC7 appeared. [see footnote 6 from this article.]

The "working hypothesis" which the NIST had in early 2006 apparently was so inadequate that a few months later the NIST commissioned an "Investigation of hypothetical blast scenarios" and the "Evaluation of thermite as a possible heat source substance."

The reliability of the photograph that Popular Mechanics claims shows "about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out" apparently is being seriously questioned because according to NIST there was a "lack of information about impact damage to the south face of WTC 7" and the "new images" which the NIST obtained in 8/06 did not rule out the need to investigate the possibility that the building was imploded. [ pages 7 & 8 of this report]

More importantly, Popular Mechanics has admitted that the photograph which they use as the basis for their conclusion about the damage to WTC7 is being deliberately witheld from viewing by the general public. This admission was made by Popular Mechanics "researcher" David Coburn when he was interviewed by Arizona talk show host Charles Goyette. Here's the pertinent part of that interview:

CG: …Building 7 is the first piece of evidence that I turn to. Popular Mechanics…say that a third of the face, approximately 25% of the depth of the building that was scooped out beforehand.

PM: When the North Tower collapsed… there was damage to Building 7…. What we found out was…about 25% of the building’s south face had been carved away from it… Each column that you remove that was destroyed by the wreckage from the North Tower…

CG: That would be very persuasive to me if it were true. And it may or may not be true… I go, oh that’s interesting…if that’s true that would go a long way towards explaining what happened to Building 7. So I turn to the pictures in your book about Building 7 you’ve got a picture of Building 7, but it doesn’t show that. So I’m going, OK, instead of just somebody asserting that a third of the building was scooped away, show me the picture. But you don’t show me the picture.

PM: …We have seen pictures that are property of the NY Police Department and various other governmental agencies that we were not given permission to disseminate….

CG: Popular Mechanics got to see them, but the average American citizen can’t see them.

PM: Correct.

CG: Well, that’s a fine kettle of fish, isn’t it? ….What did you see there that I can’t see?

PM: Just what was described.

CG: Well it must be something that’s dangerous for me as an American citizen or a voter to see. You’re publishers, if anybody is concerned about evidence in a criminal case or something, they’ve done the worst possible thing, they’ve shown it to a damn magazine publisher!

PM: That was done for the purposes of our background research.

CG: What about my background research? Do you see the source of my frustration here? I didn’t know we had different classes of citizens. You can’t tell me it’s because it’s a criminal case because they’ve shown it to a damn magazine publisher.

PM: ….I can’t answer that question.

CG: I know you can’t.

The entire interview can be heard here:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4527367b2b25/

Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all the iniquity and wickedness of men who unjustly suppress the truth." - Rom. 1:18
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

I just found this in a webcomic archive yesterday.

Not that I expect it to make a difference...

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

LOL
I like that.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Slaughtermeyer in all honesty I believe what Popular Mechanics has said and quite honestly would never buy into or believe or even consider what any of these conspiracy theorists have to say. I saw the interview with the guys who made that conspiracy movie and the men from PM magazine. Those film guys were rude, offensive, unwilling to listen, and hostile. Those film producers have absolutely [/b]no[/b] creditability what so ever.

In fact I would not ever take anything these whack job morons would say seriously. And thankfully neither does any one else. From the looks of it, only half brain dead morons on Youtube and Google Video believe this nonsense that the US Government is behind the events of 9/11. And that does not bode well for your cause.

As to you, well if you want to ignore rational and scientific facts from reputable engineers and scientist in favor of discredited, and much laughed at crack pots, then that is your choice, but please don't try and pass this tripe off as real fact. It just makes you and all of your conspiracy buddies look laughably stupid. No one with any sense of intelligence will ever take this conspiracy theory crap seriously. That is a simple and undeniable fact of life so why not just dispense with continuing to argue the point and humbly move on to bigger and better game.

If I had moderator powers in this forum, I would lock this thread.
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:00 AM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Locking the thread would just confirm the True Believers' opinion that The Truth Is Being Suppressed. Better to let everyone see for themselves how irrational the arguments are.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

As much as I disagree with Slaughtermeyers point of view on this issue it seems to me he's been quite calm and reasonable in the discussion. He's got a right to express his opinion and even attempt to convince others of it's correctness. We can't go locking people down just because we disagree with them, even if what they say makes us uncomfortable.
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

In the forums you have moderator powers that would make sense. But I am afraid that locking it here would undo the purpose of this forum. Trying to give a home to such discussions outside of the game forums.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Point taken. I guess there is a place for everything, including the absurdly ridicules.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There has to be. It shows up everywhere, and the best bet is to have someplace to nicely send it off to.
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Corporal

Slaughtermeyer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:

In fact I would not ever take anything these whack job morons would say seriously. And thankfully neither does any one else.
An increasing number of reputable scholars scientists and engineers are becoming believers in the truth about 9/11:
http://ae911truth.org/

http://stj911.org/

Quote:
From the looks of it, only half brain dead morons on Youtube and Google Video believe this nonsense that the US Government is behind the events of 9/11. And that does not bode well for your cause.
According to a Scripps-Howard poll taken last year, 36 percent of all Americans believe it is likely that "federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East." Among young adults (18-24) over half shared this belief, which is a good indication that eventually a majority of all Americans will believe the truth about 9/11 as the old people die off.
http://www.scrippsnews.com/911poll

Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all the iniquity and wickedness of men who unjustly suppress the truth." - Rom. 1:18