.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1st Cav Div. campaign problem...

Quote:
narwan said:
When in the screen with all the different fixed campaigns (5th marines 1967 to African abbattoir) if you select "1st cav division: LZ x-ray' and press 'START' on the bottom of the screen the screen window disappears for a moment (background stays the same) and then returns with the campaign deselected (ie no longer highlighted in blue). Nothing else happens.

Narwan
OK.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:27 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

I checked the game files and there is no campaign in slot 005. There are no C005xxx files. The only two files present referring to the campaign are the ucamp005 dat and text files.

Narwan
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:31 PM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road

I just tried it as well and got the same result as the first two posters. I'm running CD version 3.0, patched from 2.51.

When I hightlight selection 005 from the campaign list, which is '1st Cav Div : "LZ X-ray"' and then press the START button I get the "click" sound and the screen flashes just a tiny bit, just like every other menu, but then it displays the exact same game menu I was looking at, the campaign selection menu.

Selecting item 006, "B Company, 11th MEU" takes me directly to the purchase screen, there is no introductory text screen.

All other campaign selection menu selections take me to their appropriate text introduction screens.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK. I'll be digging the files out today and sending them to Andy to test. If this helps him it will help everyone else as well and I will post them on the forum.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:05 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

I had no problem with LZXray. I had previously used the installer to add this campaign to the game when it first came out.
I sent the installer zip to a friend with the missing files problem and that fixed it.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gentlemen

THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED !!

I had forgotten the LZ XRAY campaign was released separately from the game releases and had instaled it in my master game. When I issued the patch I made a slight adjustment to the main text file which is what you see when you start the game. Anyone who had already DL'd that campaign will see it work perfectly. Anyone who had not installed this campaign prior to V3 being relased will see this error.

There were no alterations in any way to the campaign other than a minor change to the main text file. Anyone who wants this campaign click on the link below and the DL will start

http://download.shrapnelgames.com/do...0Installer.exe

I will ensure this campaign is included in the next patch

Sorry for the confusion

Don

Old February 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Thanks about fix Don! But how about that 2nd Para thing? If I understood right, I must purchase landing vehicles for units ok? I saw that description but I didn't noticed that player must add vehicles separetely...
Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:02 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Don: The readme intro says there is one slight usa oob change, is it going to wreck any pbem or saved game or something?

Regards
Robert
Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

As Mike noted the campaign text tells the player before he starts the first game.......
Quote:
"
So, in addition to landing-barges be sure to request some anti-air missiles to cover your paratroops from Argentinean planes.*"

It's not a bug in the game or the campaign it's the way it was designed so YOU need to buy landing barges and SAM's ( your choice... either the infanty LAAD or the one of the larger SAMs ) with your support points and then decide what else you can buy with the remaining points. It's designed to give the player flexabilty in what he decides to bring along. Four barges will usually load everything you need but buying 6 allows you more flexabilty where you land the troops and equipment.

It could have been designed to be all set up for you but he's given you some choices to make in how you put your landing force together and to allow that you need to decide on your own how many barges you need

Don

Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Don: The readme intro says there is one slight usa oob change, is it going to wreck any pbem or saved game or something?

Regards
Robert

CRAP!

Wonderful. Yes, this will screw the pooch for any PBEM and wipe out every change made to the US V3 OOB.

Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Here's what EVERYONE who DL's this will need to do after installing this campaign and this is why non standard OOB's should NOT be issued with these things !

After installing this campaign open up the GameOptions program and go to the Utilities tab and click in "Manage OOB Sets" then click on "Restore Default OOB's" and that will overwrite the US OOB that the campaign installer puts in there

If anyones been "editing" their OOB's they should make backups of their work and re-install the back ups afterwards

I totally forgot about this having it's own "special" OOB.

Don