ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old October 1st, 2004, 10:14 AM

Major

Aiken is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Drunk = bad

roflmao!

RD, you picture precisely portrays me and my friend after some big celebration, then we tried to play a HoMM 3 hotseat game
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

I'm almost 42, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had an alcoholic beverage. And what is suprising is that both my parents were in the alcohol business. My dad worked for various beer companies, and my mom worked for a liquor distributor. Never felt the desire to drink, though. So I don't know how it feels to get drunk and do something stupid. But I do see the results. As most of you may remember, I work in a probation office, and we see quite a few DUI cases here. Anything ranging from just DUI to DUI homocide. So I don't care if you drink. Just don't drink and drive. As far as drinking and posting, knock yourself out. It's quite entertaining
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

I'm fortunate enough to to be a happy drunk rather than a depressive drunk or an aggressive drunk, so I drink regularly.

Don't go out and get utterly lashed on all-day drinking binges so often these days (although that's exactly what the wife and I have planned for tomorrow) but a nice bottle of red between two on a quiet evening in is a difficult experience to better.
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:05 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
gregebowman said:
[snip]... As far as drinking and posting, knock yourself out. It's quite entertaining
But you see, I think Renegade took that advice before you posted. He indeed 'knocked himself out.'

I must say, that was one hilarious post though.

Note: Boldness added.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road

Couldn't have said it better myself!

EDIT: oh, wait, there is something I can add: my wife and I have recently discovered the joys of boxed wines. There are actually some pretty good boxed reds out there that allow one to enjoy the doctor-reccomended glass of red wine a night when you don't want to drink a whole bottle between the two of you. (and, as a side benefit, each box is equivalent to 4 bottles, so if you really want to get toasted, you don't have to bother with opening new bottles!)

Quote:
dogscoff said:
I'm fortunate enough to to be a happy drunk rather than a depressive drunk or an aggressive drunk, so I drink regularly.

Don't go out and get utterly lashed on all-day drinking binges so often these days (although that's exactly what the wife and I have planned for tomorrow) but a nice bottle of red between two on a quiet evening in is a difficult experience to better.
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:22 AM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

From the moniker thread.

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:

Ah, the Norwegian in me loves to hear you say that. I've been told that the root of my real life first name (Tyrel) is that of the Scandinavian god of battle (Tyr). You're into mythology, is that true??

Norwegians unite!! (What the hell, even though I'm only 1/4 Norwegian, that still counts doesn't it?? )
Think you just qualified
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:36 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Raging Deadstar said:
Renegade has just gave everyone the perfect example of why I haven't touched alcohol in the 18 years of my life. Completely Tee-total.

Right now i can picture a sulry renegade shouting "Why I Outtha kill you..." with bloodshot eyes, slowly loses his balance as he tries to hit the declare war button in SEIV and fals asleep on the keyboard...
I praise the wisdom of RD right now, as I just had to spend a few minutes deleting a few Posts. Surly? Well I hope not, and don't think so. Here's some advice RD, stick to your tea. It won't cause you embarassment in the morning and you won't wake up with bloodshot eyes and a headache.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:39 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
gregebowman said:
As far as drinking and posting, knock yourself out. It's quite entertaining
The knocking out part was partly true I guess. Oh, and I'm happy that my misadventures and embarassment at least serve some purpose, to entertain those of you who are wise enough to avoid the entrapments of ethane.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road

Did anyone save the original post, I never got round to it

Don't worry Renegade, I have a personal philosophy:
Good Judgement only comes from Experience, And Experience only comes from Bad Judgement

Naturally however, I Let my friends do the experiencing bit and I draw conclusions afterwards
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Thats alot like where Im at. Almost 50 and the one-hand thing also. I grew up near a grandfather who loved to make his own. We tried making fermenting just about everything, and drank it. But never to get drunk.

Whats really fun is that because I didnt go out drinking, bosses and friends got the impression I was a non-drinker and would take me out for special events to "get me to try some". I ended up drinking them all out of the game.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)