Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suhiir's Revised USMC OOB #13

Thanks Suhiir! Must d/l it immediately...
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

OBAT013 (USMC) v 7.0 Suhiir

Updated to be pretty much compatable with v7.0.

Pretty much?

Changes to units to make them comply with game rules may cause issues (a handful of infantry units had anti-tank weaponry that was was not in weapon slot #3). And some units have such things as "106mm Flechete" and a newly added "50c GAU-21 HMG" that are not in the default OOB and could lead to problems.

I'd still say my OOB variant is probably still 99% compatable with the default OOB.

The big change you'll see is I FINALLY got reliable data on the Battalion Anti-Armor Company/Platoon for all dates from 1946 thru 2013. so pre 1975 infantry companies/platoons have had 75 and 106mm recoilless weapons added to their formations.
Now if I could get solid data on the 1946-1981 Battalion Heavy Machinegun Platoon I'd be overjoyed.
##########
Added - Predecessors to the SEALs; Scout/Raiders 1946-1948 and UDT/Raisers 1049-1062.

Added - Vertical Assault "companies" 1948-1958 (based on helo assault testing done durning that period).

Added - Amphibious Rifle Company/Platoon; a 1946-1955 formation utilizing the smaller LVT3 class amphibians.

Added - Rifle Company/Platoon (-/-); i.e. no company or battalion weapons, pure infantry squads.

Changed - Rifle Company/Platoon (-); i.e. no battalion weapons, a rifle company with ONLY it's inherent Weapons Platoon (60mm mortars, MMGs, light anti-armor) weapons.

Changed - Rifle Company/Platoon; inherent Weapons Platoon and typical Battalion additions (no 81mm mortars, as those are usually held in direct support for the entire battalion).

Changed - Rifle Company/Platoon (+); exactly the same as the Rifle Company/Platoon with the machinegun section broken down into 2x teams and platoon marksmen added in 2001-2020.

Changed - Rifle Company (+Supt); exactly the same as the Rifle Company (there are no Platoons (+Supt) due to the 10 formation limit) with ALL the cats and dogs from Battalion/Regiment. Typically used only when a company was operating totally independently (i.e. a Vietnam-era fire base).

Changed - Weapon loads on some aircraft to conform to typical load-outs based on mission (Fighter-Bomber/anti-vehicle) or COIN/anti-infantry).

Modified - The M1917 30cal HMG is now a seperate unit type so 1946-1961 formations will have the proper mix of M1917s and M2HBs.

Modified - PBR (Patrol Boat River) variants to conform to the most typical weapon sets (in reality each boat was pretty much customized to fit the crews feelings of what worked best).

Thanks to the v7.0 changes we've gotten rid of almost all the US Air Force aircraft/helos in the OOB.
Thus most "Level Bombers" are gone from the OOB, with the exception of some US Navy aircraft and A-6 Intruders that actually were used for level bombing missions (you still have the capability till 1985, after that buy US Air Force aircraft from the US Army OOB).

Removed - (i.e. marked with ) the M48 Roller variants; due to some clairification as to their real availibility (Thanks Basileus Ioannis!).

Removed - "Fire Team Foxholes", "Squad Entrenchemnts", and "MMG Pits"; frankly you're better off just using the entrench option for infantry units for defensive battles.
Attached Files
File Type: zip obat013.zip (31.7 KB, 138 views)

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM

Lieutenant General

The bulletin board absolutely refused to let me edit the above post so here is a fix to the worst of the typos.

##########

Added - Predecessors to the SEALs; Scout/Raiders 1946-1948 and UDT/Raiders 1949-1962.

Removed - the M48 Roller variants; due to some clarification as to their real availability (Thanks Basileus Ioannis!).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Suhir

I have a question on this. Are the 'recon' units in the oob representing Force Recon/MARSOC or the battalion recon elements?
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
Suhir

I have a question on this. Are the 'recon' units in the oob representing Force Recon/MARSOC or the battalion recon elements?
Force Recon/MARSOC

"Battalion recon elements" are nothing but normal Fire Teams/Squads/Platoons temporarily detached from their parent unit and given a recon/scouting mission. These are represented by the "Scout Teams".

Old August 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM

Sergeant

Thanks for the info

I thought that the 4 recon battalions were a bit more 'trained up'. They have normal organization as the standard rifle platoons etc but were a little bit better. At least that is what a friend of mine who was in the 3rd recon battalion tells me :-)
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Thanks for the info

I thought that the 4 recon battalions were a bit more 'trained up'. They have normal organization as the standard rifle platoons etc but were a little bit better. At least that is what a friend of mine who was in the 3rd recon battalion tells me :-)
They are, but for game purposes they're lumped in with Recon or Scouts. If you buy a Recon unit they have great vision and some special weaponry; buy a Scout unit they just about as effective (game wise) and a LOT less expensive.

Adding Division Recon to the game would just confuse non-jarheads.
Besides, those Division Recon formations get formed and disbanded, exist in one division and not in another, and vary between platoon/company/battalion size, more often then most grunts change their socks.

Old August 7th, 2013, 11:46 PM

Sergeant

So if I wanted to mod your mod and add them.. I would just use a regular rifle platoon and add say, 5 to exp and morale???
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
So if I wanted to mod your mod and add them.. I would just use a regular rifle platoon and add say, 5 to exp and morale???
It depends, if you plan to use them in the MARSOC role I'd modify Recon units with vision=15 (except snipers and FOs).
If you're using them as just "better" scouts then look at the Rifle and Recon units available for the date in question and decide if you should perhaps alter a weapon or two (it's unlikely Division Recon would have Predator ATGMs vice AT-4s or that Div Recon would carry M249's).

1986-2020:
SEAL +15/+15
Recon +8/+8
Scout +3/+3

So yeah +5/+5 sounds about right.

But, a +5/+5 modification to a unit/formation isn't really all that significant in game terms. About 1 time in 10 or 20 a unit will be pushed into the next better experience or morale category (i.e. green->trained->vet->elite).

The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old March 27th, 2014, 01:00 AM

Lieutenant General

With the release of the WinSPMBTv8 (2014) patch the default USMC OOB is my OOB variant set to WinSPMBT standards.

I ought to know, I built the new OOB and picklists.
I'd like to give Don and Andy a BIG THANK YOU allowing me to do so.

That said there are a few "minor but significant" areas where I personally disagree with WinSPMBT standards, thus the next v8 update to my OOB variant is strictly in VIOLATION of those standards.

The areas of disagreement are almost entirely with regard to weapons data:

1) Rifle accuracy is doubled from 1 to 2 (this does not make them twice as accurate, I don't know the exact math involved but I suspect it's on the order of 10%).
2) The default range of assault rifles is 8, I increase the M16A4 to 9.
3) Multiple independently operated automatic weapons in Rifle Squads (i.e. M1918A2 BAR (3)) are currently given no increase in accuracy but 50% higher HE Kill. I feel the accuracy per weapon used should be increased but the damage remain unchanged. Thus they will hit more frequently but no harder.
4) The default range of MMGs is 24, I increase this to 27. I also increase the accuracy of MGs in general. Any infantryman will tell you that next to artillery MGs are the terror of the battlefield, in the default game they just plain aren't.
5) .50cal AAMGs have the same default range as tripod mounted HMGs, whereas medium AAMGs have a reduced range to MMGs. Thus heavy AAMGs are reduced from 40 to 32.
6) Much like MGs Gatling type weapons are not awe inspiring thus their accuracy is increased. (I'd love to do away with separate HE and AP/Sabot ammo for them but game mechanics make this impossible).
7) The cost calculator adds about 45 points to any unit with TI vision, regardless of unit type. This is fine for a 500-point MBT, but I feel a bit excessive for a 31-point infantry squad. Thus some unit costs are manually adjusted.
8) UAVs are very expensive units due to size, EW rating, and vision. The costs of these units is manually adjusted.
9+) Other similar tweaks.

All that said I'd like to get and idea how much interest there is in my continuing to post my USMC OOB variant. As stated, the v8 upgrade IS my OOB set to WinSPMBT standards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: