.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 20th, 2007, 05:14 PM

Captain

Twan is on a distinguished road
Default Forbidden Knowledge (magic boost mod)

Sometimes ago I wanted to make a magic heavy game, so I've made a mod to play dom 3 with dominions 2 style diversified magic and ultra powerful magical economy.

Finally I've not played a lot with it, as I've then searched a strange map to play on, finally made WoG, and forgot this project (so not sure how unbalanced is endgame with them, and if all changes work properly, the goal of this mod is more to have the occasion to use a lot of rare spells/items in the course of one game).

I've split it in two, as someone may want to use one but not the other part.

To resume :

Forbidden Knowledge ME Nations :
- a capitol only mage of each Middle Era nation get a 20% random with 4 non-national paths (or weak paths if the nation is already diversified) in addition to his normal levels/randoms
- nations without a capitol only mage get a capitol only copy of one of their mages with this random (and +10 or 20 gcost)
- a non capitol only mage of each nation get a 10% "old school" sorcery (s,n,d,b) or elemental (f,a,w,e) bonus pick, the choice between elemental or sorcery is based on the mage levels (mages with more sorcery picks than elemental get a sorcery random, others get elemental ; it may or not diversify more these mages)

(units id used 2700-2703, sites changed : The Sunken City, Mount Shinuyama, Ravens Vale, The Forges of Ulm)

Forbidden Knowledge Items and Spells :
Make magical economy and research spell pay faster, allow more boosters and gem production options by making some artifacts non unique, make easier to protect mages from age.

- Cost or level of boosters and some magical economy items decreased : Winged Helmet level air 3, Flame Helmet level fire 3, Brazen Vessel B3, Clam of Pearl w2/n1, Starshine Skullcap -> Greater Item, Sanguine Dousing Rod -> Lesser Item, Soul Contract -> B5F1, Boots of Youth -> B1N1
- Some artifacts boosters made very powerful instead, with increased cost/requirements : Sword of Justice -> VP F4S3, The Ruby Eye -> VP F3W1 Tome of High Power -> VP A4S2, The Black Book of Secrets -> VP D4B2, Tome of Gaia -> N4E3 ; also made Sandals of the Crane (always found fun to use them) -> a greater S3 item
- Spells : all 1 path search spells cost 1 gem, Voice of Tiamat cost 6 gems, Acashic Record cost 15, Raven Feast cost 2 gems (not sure it works better) ; Rejuvenate cost 5 gems, added an alt 7 copy of it costing 10 gems but requiring just N1
Attached Files
File Type: zip 572118-forbiddenknowledge.zip (2.2 KB, 81 views)