.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 14th, 2009, 06:03 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer Greenskin hype/brainstorming thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandarLover View Post
The Orc Choppa: Would it be thematic if I give it the armor piercing command? It is a fairly nasty weapon but I felt it would help make the Orc units more tactical, ie. orcs with choppas can pierce armor and orcs with Bashas will have the flail tag giving them bonus against shields.
AP weapons are absolutely brutal and likely way too much for a recruitable weapon. Take Water Elementals for example, their "crush" weapon is just dam/att/def/len 0 but they are still just very very good.

You can get the same effect just by giving the choppa higher damage (like +2/3 more compared to the Bashas).

Quote:
Black Orcs: or specifically, their armor. I know they are the heavy armor unit but I feel as though I should give them custom heavy armor, since giving an orc "full plate armor" doesn't sound as interesting as "Large metal bits with lottsa' spikey bits" does. It would be the same stats as full armor, just a more colorful orc description.
Yeah, go for it. You can notice that SOmbre has done this kind of too with Ogres and Gutplates.

Quote:
One more modding question: I know it's possible to give a nation an affinity toward cold or heat scales...is the same possible with other scales? Like, I know Abyssia's income is unaffected by death scale, or so says the mod manual. I'd kind of like to give Greenskins an affinity for Turmoil for thematic reasons and I noticed the #turmoilincome command in the General modding section of the manual.
#turmoilincome is a command that can be used to vary the effects of the turmoil scale on a global level. It's pretty much useless for nation modding. So in short, no.

Quote:
Almost forgot, I made the bonus weapon as suggested by Calchet but it doesn't appear in the unit description screen. It's getting late here and I can't think why it's not showing, it's listed in the unit commands. Ah well, so sleepy.
Weapon modding is quite simple. You should compare your code to a mod that working modded weapons and see if your code is somehow different.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Compare with ogre smash in the ogre mod.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

Thanks Burn and Sombre, I knew I was tired last night, I had a space in the middle of the #newweapon command :P

I suppose I'll forgo AP on choppas. My reasoning for including it to begin with was the over all crappyness of Greenskin archers and their need for something to help punch thru heavy armored troops, but not if it's too over powered.
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

They should have no problem punching through heavy armour if the orcs are strong are have high-damage choppas. Compare with falchions, which, if I remember correctly, have damage 7.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs