.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Awesome

Yeah, the Dwarf mod kind of managed to creep over this one in my "to-do-list". My current "scheducle" of sorts is to blitz Dwarfs into completion by this sunday. Then I'll spend couple of weeks studying to exams. I'll start working on this mod after the exams are over. I can promise the first playable version to manifest before December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandarLover View Post
Have been playing a bit of Brutal Legend...have been letting the awesomeness of it percolate in my brain...some great ideas in that game that could translate over to this 'mod that will not be'.
The game looks pretty good. It's a shame that I don't have any platforms to play it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post
The Kirkebrenner commander should have heretic and pillager traits, possibly with D1 and a chance for B1
In my bare-bones mod (can be found in the thread). I made kirkebinners cap-only troops and they have a hefty pillagebonus. Hefty heretic ability would be great for black metal singners, thanks for the idea. Here's a quick mock-up of the recruitable signers.

-Folk Metal (n2)
-Hero(Power) Metal (f2) --done (see the bare-bone version)
-Death Metal (d2) --done
-Black Metal (d1 with 100% E/B)
-Proge Metal (s2)
-Gore Metal (b2)
-Gospel Metal (h2)
-Heavy Metal (e2)

-the more "hardcore" the genre, the better stats (and harder skin) will the signer have. However, the more hardcore, the greater researchpenalties tought. Example: Black metal/ Gore Metal will get just 1 researchpoint but have metallic skin (prot 20), while Gospel Singers will be the best researchers but have wimpy stats.

I'm a bit on the edge if to count Glam Metal signer in there somewhere. Because, you know, Glam Metal just blows.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

How can you not have KISS in there? Whether or not they blow they had a game in the form of KISS: Psycho Circus that had some nice ideas in it.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
while Gospel Singers will be the best researchers but have wimpy stats.
Wouldn't these be the priests?
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure that KISS will make it in. Yes, I believe they are vastly over-rated but there is no denying the impact they've had on metal music.

I almost feel like Glam rockers should be included and they should be the heretics. Their metal-riffage set to songs about parting and gettin chicks and more partying was very different from the vibe of most (ok, pretty much ALL) metal bands at the time, so metal 'purists' might see them as heretical in nature. Before I had to reinstall Windows a month or so back, I had a badly mocked up sprite of a Glam Rock Singer using the Sybil (I think? Whichever is the Arco EA mage that looks like she is floating) and the Deer Warrior legs (they are so thin, paint em black and you have tights). Maybe I'll try to make it again soon while I wait on progress with the Greenskin mod.
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
How can you not have KISS in there? Whether or not they blow they had a game in the form of KISS: Psycho Circus that had some nice ideas in it.
I already have KISS sprite by Elmokki, so KISS is certainly going in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum_mechani View Post
Wouldn't these be the priests?
Yea, I'm not one hundred percent sure if I can make it work (I'll probably try to copystat that Gath recruitable that has research, but isn't a real mage). I'll probably crack some lame joke about them scouring the lyrics of other signers for heretical messages.