World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM

Private

bongo is on a distinguished road
Default Color profils to replace the vehicles lbm pictures

Hello

Here's the global files with 626 edited LBM files. there is all the german vehicles, almost all the americans almost all the frenchs, almost all the russians, a big part of the britishs, the polands and the japans. (The others will come shortly, but there is difficult to find specific drawing for the rest of these vehicles - if some members of this forum have "exotics" pictures, they can send me).
Each black and white picture is replace by a color profil. Every picture works well in the game without flashing or anything else.

http://christiansanti.free.fr/spww2/pictures_lbm.rar

For those who don't have lbm editor to view the result, here's all this 626 pictures but in JPG format

http://christiansanti.free.fr/spww2/pictures_jpg.rar

For those who don't want to download anything here's preview pictures

If you like this way to see your unit in the encyclopedia or ingame, take it (and dont forget to backup your old pictures)

--------- EDITED -------------- EDITED --------------
Here is an archive containing 198 color profiles in lbm format to replace all (I've said ALL) the german vehicles picture LBM files. You just have to download and extract the rar file in your "pictures" folder. Attention this files overwrite the old and if you want to go back you have to make a backup of your "pictures" folder.

here's the rar file : http://christiansanti.free.fr/spww2/Germanlbm.rar

For now there is just the german vehicles but i'm working (hard) on the other nations and on all the planes (and maybe the artillery) of the encyclopedia.

--------- EDITED -------------- EDITED --------------

Fell free to post your comments here...

Bye

Bongo
Attached Files
File Type: rar 578688-pictures_lbm.rar (4.64 MB, 161 views)
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Color profils to replace the vehicles lbm pictures

As far as I remember they are black and white for a reason. That reason being that colour picture will not work in-game. Only those few specific ones seen in loading screens etc. The rest don't. This might be news to you, unless of course you've just done something the game developers didn't think of.
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
RecruitMonty said:
As far as I remember they are black and white for a reason. That reason being that colour picture will not work in-game. Only those few specific ones seen in loading screens etc. The rest don't. This might be news to you, unless of course you've just done something the game developers didn't think of.
Well.... you're almost half right and it's not something we "didn't think of"

I have explained this so many times in the past I'm surprised anyone hasn't heard it before.

I didn't want half colour, half B&W unit photos in the game for the units that appear in the encyclopaedia and since there is no way to get all colour for ether game I made the decision that they would all be B&W. The other reason for this is the colour palette is severely restricted and many colour photos that look great before converting look like crap after converting.

There are colours that cycle through a series of colours (or flash if you prefer )in the game. That's how water looks the way it does and smoke. Those colours cannot be used in photos that could appear when the main screen is running so a special palette that does not use those colours needs to be used for any screen that might appear when the main screen is running and that's the reason the palettes that are provided with the game are the only ones anyone should use when making PIC's or Icons . The "colour" palette in the game contains those flashing colours and is only intended for use on the intro screens that do not work at the same time as the main game screen. Where you can have problems is the screen that appears when you click on an enemy unit IF those specific flashing colours happen to be used in the photo.

All of this was resolved years ago and the idea of using colour photos for the units is a long dead issue. It IS possible to create photos that will work in the game that are in colour but I don't consider it worth the effort to try

There have always been people working on colourized photos for the game. I've seen or heard of at least two or three people who have already done this in the past. If you like them, use them.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM

Private

Hi,

That's right, but this pictures works well for me : when i click on my units the pictures are perfect. There's flashing colors only when i click on enemy units. That can be solved if i use a special palette (without the flashing colors) but i don't have it. If someone have it, i would be happy he send me.
Otherwise i can make it in black and white for those who prefer.

I think the profile style (in color of course) is more immmersive than the black and white photos. That's my sensibility. If i make this mod it's only to provide an alternative for those who think like me. I think the work to collect all the black and white is enormous and i appreciate it, my work is just an alternative...

I'll post screenshots soon in order to show you what it changes in the game.

Bongo
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you use the Icon palette you won't get the flashers

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 3rd, 2008, 07:19 AM

Private

Ok. Thank you very much, i didn't know that's too easy.
I'll go and make this correction as soon as possible. "Practice makes perfect"...

bongo
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:34 AM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

I´ve always thought that those flashes where due to something wrong with my system, glad to hear it´s not. How you say I use the icon palette to stop those?

Regards
Robert
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

IF you have made edits to the game graphic or photos files that result in flashing colours on unit's or the map or to PIC's that show up in your game then you have not applied the correct pallete to your edits.

IF you have colours that flash on and off and you have not made any edits to those things I mentioned above I would suggest your graphics card is not working correctly with the game.

Don

Old February 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

I haven´t made any edits but I don´t have flashing colors either, my situation is that when I right click on an enemy unit (only germans) the lbm images changes tones slightly at the same cadenece of smoke animation, that´s what I meant by flashes.

That´s the only graphical issue I ever had running the game.

Robert
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK which "enemy unit (only germans)" specifically do you see this happening with ?? There is NO way for a graphic problem with an LBM to be confined to only one nation. You need to pick a unit and let me know which one exactly you see this happening with so I can check this myself. There are PIC's in the game that were done years ago that may have a pallete that has some of the flashers still included but I haven't seen any for years but I rarely click on an enemy unit for information anymore either.

Don