.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old October 8th, 2002, 03:52 PM

Private

Scorp is on a distinguished road
Default Help with DO modding abilities

Hi everyone!

I'm about 90% ready to order Dungeon Odyssey, but I was wondering if I could get some help from those who have the full Version first.

See, I'm interested in modding the game with a whole lot of custom characters from a comic world I've created. In the past, I've gotten involved with other RPG products that promised easy and flexible modification, only to turn out very difficult and restrictive.

Has anyone here done some modding and seen how easy or hard it is? I don't mean you've just scratched the surface, but really done some work and gotten a feel for it.

If anyone can help, please either reply here or e-mail me at azaerens@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

-Scorp
Old October 8th, 2002, 06:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

Atraikius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help with DO modding abilities

For ease of modding, it is about as easy as SEIV is. The data files are all text based data files, and you only have to open them with notepad or word pad, and make the changes you want. The dificulty comes in how much you want to change, and what you want to change - for extensive changes it may be a little time consuming and tedious - there are a few files to make modding easier, but so far all of the changes I have done have been just as easier or easier to do in wordpad.

As for how moddable it is; I think that it actually has more capabilities for modding than SEIV does.