.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old October 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RAND2

Who was Ermor? I notice he's played by our good friend the AI.
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

I was Ermor. I never played Ermor before this game, didn't think I would do well. I was happy with my play, figured I'd let the AI take over now that I was almost out of it. Good luck to the rest, can't wait to hear out it turns out and who everybody was playing.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

The game is over.

Congrats to Machaka

I have been playing Pangaea...
So who is the winner?
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM

General

Oh, and many thanks to our host!!!
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:54 PM

Private

Grizannor is on a distinguished road

Voittaa! Voittaa!

I played Machaka. It was a great game, but still I'm glad it ended. Turns have been taken hours lately...

Big thanks to Ygorl for hosting!

And thanks also to my friend Animal for playing some of my turns while I was unable and not killing all of my armies
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Private

Grizannor is on a distinguished road

How many people did you WraithLord have running around my kingdom? Luckily it didn't matter anymore. What an annoying strategy. And apparently pretty good too, since you won jotunheim with it. At the beginning of your war, I thought that jotunheim would crush you quickly and then come after me.

Did you watch the battle one turn ago where my army fought your lone ice devil SC? Spellcasting AI topped itself on that one. Multiple casting of the same non cumulative battle enchantment and then spending last gems to useless swarms. And I loved the mass protection spell that took the fire resistance down from my legions of devils and everyone close to them in the midle of stray fireballs cast by my mages.
Old November 10th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Captain

Ygorl is on a distinguished road

I was R'lyeh... We've got ID from everyone except Jurri, Peacekeeper, and DaMilano (Jotunheim, Atlantis, and Man, if my memory serves - though not necessarily in that order, of course).

Thanks everyone for playing... It was fun!
I was trying so hard to be relevant...
Congratulations, Grizannor! Well done.
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:08 PM

Captain

I was Man. Very well done indeed, Grizannor! Thanks all for the game, this was oodles of fun.
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:39 PM

General

@Grizannor, again congrats.
Did you see how many of your provinces I took in the last turn?- Apparently Pangaea can be very hard to stop even against stronger nations. Its a good thing we had VPs or this game might have gotten very long with the show down between us

About Jotumheim, when he attacked me he was, a- stronger the me, b- with higher income and gem income, c- much higher on the research tree. So I also thought he would make short work of me. It took me a few turns to get the knack for playing Pangaea right, and then its very hard to stop - At some point, I was literally all over him, with sneaking armies attacking him from all sides, so much so that he wasn't able to counter attack effectively. I think I could have faired even better vs. Jotun had I not been trying on and off the get him to understand we shouldn't be fighting each other, so basically I've tried a couple of time not to attack Jotun for a few turns in a row hopping he'd get the message, sadly he hasn't.
Another thing that worked against me was Man, he was stubbornly and smartly hurting me so I was basically fighting a two fronts war against one of which vs. a superior enemy.

@Ygorl, I was crossing fingers for you (and for Atlantis)

@Jurri, you have caused me a such a headache totaly w/o proportion to what you had the means to do. You just refused to lie down and die as aught to
I charmed your AQ, I took your provinces, I killed your pretender, I took your capitol, but you just refused to surrender. You give tenacity a new meaning
BTW, I still didn't get why you've attacked me in the first place. Given the power balance when you did it seems, well, strange.
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Captain

Thanks, I strive to be the most tenacious bastard I can be It pleased me to no end that your IDs and Earth Kings and whatnot were tied by just two indy priests and a jade sorceress for some turns (My fort was empty except for those.) But you certainly left me little chance to restore my position after I lost the AQ... Very aptly played!

It was you who attacked me, not the other way around! Admittedly I wasn't paying as much attention at that point as I should have since Ulm going AI and the AI then redirecting against me bummed me out for a bit, so it took a while for me to destroy the AI's second wind; but certainly you didn't expect that when you took the lands the Ulm AI took from Man you wouldn't face any repercussion? I even avoided attacking outside my previous holdings to give you the chance to yield them peacefully Ah, I just love the misunderstandings the no-diplo causes!

My own initial plans were crushed when Arcoscephale pulled a poison golem (Dom2-style: a golem with a snake bladder) just when I was about to take his capital... That was beautiful.