World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old December 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Private

nuNce is on a distinguished road
Default The commandpost

Hello there,
two weeks ago I came up with an idea: providing users an unified files archive where they may access files, mods, guides, tutorials in an easy way. The result is the Commandpost, which is now in a very primitive state, still missing many files. But, I'm willing to make it complete, if users show appreciation and interest. The site is hosted on my private domain, so it has limited bandwidth and space, but there will be no problem buying a dedicated domain if I get enough feedback.

So, first things I'd like from users are suggestions on what shall I upload (especially scenarios). I've already have in mind including game patches and some tools, like AP calculator. Anyway comments are welcome and feedback is wanted!

Thanks for the attention.
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The commandpost

Hello nunce think you have had little (no) response as this really just duplicates stuff already on the forum. For Maps Scenerios etc can just run a search of that forum, same with other stuff. The thing is though little need unless you want first dabs as unlike SPWAW which you are used to this game is still supported. That means any new stuff thats any good will appear in the next patch. Therefore if you want to get your hands on it first log into the forum regulary otherwise wait for the next patch & see whats new. Having said that its really nice to see that a few people are knocking out new scenerios at quite a rate at the moment, must be winter.
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

it's a great effort anyway, it is easier to find things in a propper website instead of a forum, and i like your simple, but effective design, most webdesigners seem to have forgotten about this and simply make a flash page loaded with videos and "peewees"
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

It also could be good for favorite scenarios and pbem, didn't see a discussion forum maybe i missed it.

Patches we can get here, mods (although i'm wary about useing them) can be hard to find so you may have something there

Cheers to you nuNce for trying!

Last edited by gila; January 1st, 2010 at 11:45 PM..
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:29 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
It also could be good for favorite scenarios and pbem, didn't see a discussion forum maybe i missed it.

Patches we can get here, mods (although i'm wary about useing them) can be hard to find so you may have something there

Cheers to you nuNce for trying!
Well that got the ball rolling you already have a forum here I thought the whole idea was a site you could log onto & quickly find what you were after, a one stop express shop if you will without all the clutter associated with forums. Basicly hes offering to do most of the work for you & from what I saw icamps comment is correct kept it clean & clear which makes finding what you want simple. Adding baggage will just slow your shopping trip its goal is to provide easy access to downloadable Camo relevant content. Possibly as hosting scenerios a forum for discusing these rating them for playability etc but thats about it. Sorry if misunderstood nunce
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:22 AM

Private

Well, my idea was basically the one which icamp and gila pointed out. A place to find easily what you need for the game. I've included a rating system, so files could be rated and then sorted by popularity. If you check the Tools section there is also a scenario finder, which could be useful once the database was expanded.

If you have any comments, any ideas I'm ready to try to realize it, but I need people's interest to go ahead!
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Great idea to un-bury some of the things lost in the forum.
Have an account but can't see how to post files.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM

Private

Atm users cannot upload files. I have limited storage on my domain and limited bandwith. Use the thread to suggest files, or send me them by email. As soon as I get enough response I'll get a decent domain.
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Hi nuNce,

I agree with previous posters that your site would benefit from something unique.

I have two suggestions that haven't been done before, AFAIK:

1. A Custom Map Database.

A database of custom maps that are searchable by size, season, theatre etc. A screen shot of each map would be gold. Then players could download what they are looking for.

I'm working on an Excel database for standard maps (when I get the time), but I would think an online source for custom maps would be more popular.

2. A Custom Icon Database.

There are a lot of custom icons 'out there', for vehicles, infantry, trenches, fortifications, explosions, armoured trains etc.

I think a source for custom icons could be popular, particularly if it had thumbnails or pictures of the stock icon and the replacement custom icon.

cheers,
Cross
Old February 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road

Cross,

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what does AFAIK stand for?