Notices

Old February 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NEW gameoptions Beta test

Quote:
Originally Posted by user38 View Post

As I said above, the new options program works perfectly for me.
Sorry, when I read that the first time I thought you were saying the game worked for with or without using the new gameoptions.exe

Don
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Private

user38 is on a distinguished road

I can see now that my post was a litte unclear. I tried it without the beta game options exe and I got the crazy menus. With the new game options exe the game played flawlessly except I kept getting blown up by those damn Iraqi sharp shooters.
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Private

jeffreywilens is on a distinguished road

Playing full screen in Windows 7 with latest video drivers on an ATI 4870 card. When exiting, the windows task bar (at bottom) is gone and no apparently way to get it back except going to the task manager and doing a log/off and log/on. This seems to happen everytime I use full screen since downloading this full screen patch. Otherwise, it works fine.
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:16 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreywilens View Post
Playing full screen in Windows 7 with latest video drivers on an ATI 4870 card. When exiting, the windows task bar (at bottom) is gone and no apparently way to get it back except going to the task manager and doing a log/off and log/on. This seems to happen everytime I use full screen since downloading this full screen patch. Otherwise, it works fine.
CTRL+SHIFT+ESC -> task manager -> new task button -> "explorer.exe"

Do you get the problem if you run the CMD file from the game directory directly?.

Andy
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM

Private

I'm not sure what changed becasue I can't duplicate the problem today, but this is what I am noticing now:

1. When launch from the shortcut that takes you to the Game Options screen, you lose the task bar whether using full screen or windows.

a) Either way, you can control-alt tab to other programs and then back to to the game.

b) I used the "new" task button to recreate explorer.exe as suggested. That returned the task bar even while the game was still running.

c) However, if I did this while in full screen mode, the color palette was all messed up and could not be fixed.

d) If I do this while in Windowed mode, then the color palette is not destroyed.

2. When launch directly from Win7SPMBT.cmd, I get same results as above.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what changed becasue I can't duplicate the problem today, but this is what I am noticing now:

1. When launch from the shortcut that takes you to the Game Options screen, you lose the task bar whether using full screen or windows.

a) Either way, you can control-alt tab to other programs and then back to to the game.

b) I used the "new" task button to recreate explorer.exe as suggested. That returned the task bar even while the game was still running.

c) However, if I did this while in full screen mode, the color palette was all messed up and could not be fixed.

d) If I do this while in Windowed mode, then the color palette is not destroyed.

2. When launch directly from Win7SPMBT.cmd, I get same results as above.
Only launch explorer after exiting the game batch session - since aero is nuked, deliberately, to avoid palette problems.

Do you have a non-English version of windows, or is the \windows folder installed elsewhere than C:\windows, or renamed?.

Are you running as a user with administrator privileges (the default for most folks who just use the one account), or as a lesser status user?.

Cheers
Andy
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:01 AM

Private

I have USA version of Windows 7 Professional (live in California) installed in the normal Windows folder. I am running in admin mode.

I was just testing to see what would happen if I restarted explorer.exe and have experienced the message "Windows is using basic color" or something like that proving Aero has been nuked.
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I have USA version of Windows 7 Professional (live in California) installed in the normal Windows folder. I am running in admin mode.

I was just testing to see what would happen if I restarted explorer.exe and have experienced the message "Windows is using basic color" or something like that proving Aero has been nuked.
The batch file had to be edited to include a change directory (CD) command to actually change to the windows directory before restarting explorer. Otherwise, Windows 7 would simply launch an explorer window, rather than restarting the desktop, if the CMD file was called from another programme (Game Options in this case).

The CD command line was not required if you started the CMD file directly from explorer since the current directory is changed to that by the navigation in Windows Exploder itself.

At the moment - 99% of Windows 7 users have no problems with loss of the desktop, post the batch file session completing.

You seem to be one of the the exceptions. I have absolutely no idea why your set-up does not do what the other 99% do.

Not unless you are trying to relaunch the windows desktop while the full screen game session is current. That is an absolute no-no of course!.

The full-screen game batch session must be the only application of any type that you are doing. The batch session might let you alt-tab to any applications that were open when you started the session (with palette problems for them perhaps) - but the results of that are indeterminate.

Cheers
Andy
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:14 AM

Private

Panzerpionier is on a distinguished road

I just tried this fix with Vista 32 and i still get the lag in full screen mode.
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Have you tried making adjustments in the MISC screen of Game Options ?

Don