.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old February 19th, 2004, 06:47 PM

Corporal

Darryl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jervellan Wall??

Quote:
Originally posted by licker:
Are people sure its 500 def? I thought it was 500 supply and a crappy def. Actually in one game where I found the damn wall I tore the sucker down cuz it was just annoying the hell out of me
In the game I have the province has 140 supply. Nothing looks out of the ordinary except that it has slightly more resources than other provinces (53 now) but I've had provinces with more.

By the way licker, what did the wall "give you" in your game? In mine it just seems to be sitting there doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally posted by licker:
Actually in one game where I found the damn wall I tore the sucker down cuz it was just annoying the hell out of me
How in the world did you "tear it down"?

[ February 19, 2004, 16:49: Message edited by: Darryl ]
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Darryl:
In mine it just seems to be sitting there doing nothing.
You should have had a free fortress, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Darryl:
Great. It's in a location that I started building a castle 2 turns ago. So I take it that if you build a castle there it's pretty much useless?
...since you were already building a castle, it didn't have that 'castle slot' free so that it could appear. So, you're left with a notation that there would have been a specific fortification if you hadn't been building one already.

At least I would think so.

Buildings from special sites can be torn down as normal ones (commander->build order->destroy smthng), at least in dom1 this didn't affect the gem income if I remember correctly (destroyed firlbolg castle and still got the earth gems, I think).
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM

Captain

licker is on a distinguished road

The supply capacity of the wall is not the provincial supply, its the amount of supply that exists when you are beseiged. However, from my recolection, the wall's defense was so terrible that you wouldn't Last long in a seige anyway...

As to tearing it down, select a comander and the 'construct building' order, on that there should a 'demolish fort' option, along with 'construct [foo]' if they are magey or priesty, and 'demolish [foo]' if you have a temple or lab.
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM

Corporal

geo981010 is on a distinguished road

I just created one with a hacked Urgaia map, and the Wall in Dom2 is a 30 defence 0 admin, but with a whooping 1000 supply. Maybe Zen was thinking about the Crystal Citadel?

Darryl -
the magic site when found just makes the a fort appear normally, so you would have two icons there - one for the site and one for the castle. Since you were already building the site however, the Jervellan Wall fort does not get added, just the magic site one. Your fort was better anyway!

You can also tear down a castle by selecting a commander in the province, and using his Construct command.

In case anyone else cares to see one, you can put this in a map file and try yourself! The owner is set to Abysia for this - just paste into a map file and have the searcher look for magic sites on the first turn.

--Map Code snippet
#setland 52
#killfeatures
#owner 0
#feature "The Jervellan Wall"
#commander "Sage"
#comname "Searcher"
#mag_fire 9
#mag_air 9
#mag_water 9
#mag_earth 9
#mag_astral 9
#mag_death 9
#mag_nature 9
#mag_blood 9

[ February 19, 2004, 18:28: Message edited by: geo981010 ]
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:14 PM

Captain

licker is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's right, 30def 1k supply... if there's anything more useless than that I'd like to see it.

Granted recruiting national troops is a bonus, but since the wall has 0 admin, and can show up in a low resource provinces, even that benefit is often negated by a complete lack of local resources.

In fact I wonder if the wall isn't bugged in that it should have a 30 admin and a 1000 defense with some lost value for supply... maybe the coders missed a tab or something
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:10 PM

Corporal

Zurai is on a distinguished road

I was just using the 500/0 numbers cause that's what someone said earlier in the thread I have never seen that particular site.