.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Shepherds of Creation signup

The 'Shepherds of Creation' scenario is now ready.

-------------

Game Concept:

Seven players.
One strong AI.
First player to conquer the AI home will win.

Baphomet is a mighty pretender run by the AI. His home is at the center of the world. The first shepherd to conquer the throne of the world wins the scenario.

The rich lands in the center of the world is owned by Baphomet. The lands close to the Rim of Darkness (the lands where the divine light of Baphomet has not fallen ) are poor but richer in magical resources.

Cooperation might be necessary to survive, but a quick grab of another shepherd's lands might also give a player power enough to strike sucessfully at Baphomet.

Mythic Concept:

A demiurge and false god named Baphomet believes he has created the world. Baphomet creates seven shepherds of creation to govern and guide the seven reaches of his lands. Baphomet creates mankind and humanity begins to worship him. Baphomet is filled with pride and he ignores his other servants.

The seven demigods were given divine spirit. The shepherds uses their given divinity to create intelligent life like Baphomet did. Thier creations start to worship them as lords.

Baphomet discovers the apostacy and decides to punish the shepherds. From his throne of power he summons three angels to lead his human armies against the apostatic shepherds.

The Shepherds realize that if one of them would conquer the throne of the world Baphomet would loose his powers and the world would se a new lord.

http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/shepherd.html

-------------

All games are setup by me. Gods are predesigned and I will give each player his password. The map file will not be released (not for a while) to give all players the same starting opportunities.

I intended to keep a server running for all games, but I'm not sure how many that means. If a group of players can keep their own server I will gladly send over fatherland files etc once the game begins.

I had intended to setup games as 48h quickhost games (no longer than 48h between turns, but faster if everyone is ready). Hmm, perhaps I should give you choices.

I wouldn't mind some AAR/trash talk threads regarding the scenario. I suspect that AAR writers will take longer turns making these games less of spoilers than they might appear at first glance. Perhaps a special AAR game with even longer hosting interval.

---------------

How to sign up!

1:
If you and your six friends has decided that you want to start a shepherd scenario, just send me a mail with the names and adresses of all participants. I will setup a game and send each player a turn file and a password. If you want to host the game by yourselves tell me where to send the fatherland.

2:
If you want to join a game hosted by me look in this thread at available games and make a post claiming a place as a given god. First claimant gets it. I will edit this post when new games are open and new players have signed up.

------------------

Shepherds Game 1
48h quickhost

Nergal - Soapyfrog
Ningil - Jurri
Euryale - quantum_mechanic
Järnsaxa - saber cherry
Bölthorn - Mark the Merciful
Rudra - alexti
Nereus - Graeme

Game Status: Running
Personal messages with necessary details has been sent.

------------------

Shepherds Game 2
48h quickhost
difficult research - probably makes Baphomet more powerful. Cooperation more important.

Nergal - legacyspy
Ningil - quantum_mechani
Euryale - jeffr
Järnsaxa - The_tauren13
Bölthorn - Arralen
Rudra - iazygos
Nereus - WyattHerbert

------------------

Shepherds Game 3
48h quickhost

Nergal - JepSan
Ningil - jarkko
Euryale - Sedna
Järnsaxa - Yvelina
Bölthorn - EternalSpearman
Rudra - Terkel
Nereus - josh_f

----------------

Three games and two private ones are now running. Illwinter will not host new ones for a while, but if you can host games by yourself I'll gladly start up a game and send it to the host and passwords to the players.

When the current games are coming to an end We'll start up a couple of new ones if there is interest.

Questions are welcome. I have probably missed something.

After a game is filled up it might take a day or two before the game starts. It is nothing to worry about, just me teaching kids about religion or something else.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:34 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shepherds of Creation signup

Hmm, all the pretenders look so interesting, I'm having trouble deciding . Would it be possible to claim a god in both games?
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:45 PM

General

Wait for a day or two. I would like to know how much interest this will attract before I make any promises.

As long as your two gods are not neighbors it shouldn't be a problem (the old use-one-to-explore-for-your-other-god cheat).
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:48 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Ok, in that case I'll just claim Euryale in game one for now.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:51 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

Would it be possible for someone not related to Illwinter to create a PBEM game using this scenario? I gather it would be fine, as you have offered to send the fatherland file for outside hosts.

I am asking this because I have a strong distaste towards TCP/IP, and the feeling is shared: I can only connect to a Dominions server once in a blue moon, and that's when I am lucky.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:53 PM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road

I call Vanheim! =)

I proclaim myself Järnsaxa "Cherry" Deathbringer, Ruler of Cold, Goddess of Gangrenous Frostbite, Sacrificer of Innocent Blood, Protector of Kittens, Bunnies, Lambs and Flowers.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM

General

Alneyan: That would be fine. It means less for me to do. I have to send passwords to all players anyway so sending the first trn to everyone and a fatherland to one player is no big issue.

I have no intention to host PBEM games, but if someone is willing to do I can set up a signup for PBEM as well.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:21 PM

General

Järnsaxa "Cherry" Deathbringer, Ruler of Cold, Goddess of Gangrenous Frostbite, Sacrificer of Innocent Blood, Protector of Kittens, Bunnies, Lambs and Flowers is placed in the first game as no prefereces were made.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:32 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I noticed your post on the French boards, so I guess I will play there instead (PBEM games are more common than TCP/IP there, so it should work out quite nicely).

If there is interest in a PBEM game, I can host it without being a player. The turnaround would be either 24 or 48 hours with limited quickhosting (48 hours is safer, but if all players send in their turns within 24 hours, it would be effectively a 24 hours game).
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:31 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road

Hey, this sounds fun! Shame on you for hiding this in a sticky!

I'd like to take the snake-chick in game one.